Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 2 of 12

300 comments

Comment

Michaël Monserrat September 21, 2021

Hello everyone,

We started our experience with Jira Software in 2018 with a cloud hosting, then we opened another cloud hosting with Jira Service Management in 2020. After some time we merged our JSW with JSM (I thank the JIRA support who accompanied us on this project) then in 2021 we migrated tickets managed in SharePoint to JSM.

Like # people like this
Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2021

Hi all, I’m Ollie from China.

When did you first time find out about Jira?

Since 2012, I have used Jira, greenhopper, bonfire, confluence, stash, etc.

Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?

I have participated in the operation and maintenance and promotion of Jira in 5 different companies, from companies with hundreds of people to companies with tens of thousands of people

Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?

Powerful custom workflow and automation functions, as well as perfect support for agile development.

Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

Too many most exciting stories. Since 2018, we have linked more than 3000 Jira users in China and started our ACE journey

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 27, 2021

Great to find this group exists! Hello to all.

My organization has pivoted over the last 18 months from a Waterfall approach to project and product management and development to Agile. At the core of the practice is our Jira Cloud instance, and it has grown substantially since we put it in place in Q1 2020. Our entire Development and Product Teams live in Jira, and we have expanded it's use internally to help manage third party contributors and projects.

I come from the Operations side of the business and would like to gain more knowledge about Agile and the processes that it puts in place for development cycles. As I have started to attend more Sprint Reviews and Sprint Grooming Sessions, I am struggling with the language and processes. Is there a specific book, blog or site that anyone would recommend I read or subscribe to that will provide me the Agile 101 and 201 knowledge that I am lacking?

Thank you in advance!

Like # people like this
shaque September 28, 2021

I am new to Jira and Confluence, started last week.

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Welcome to the community @shaque 

Like # people like this
shaque September 29, 2021

Thank you, Kishan.

I have been testing software for medical devices using DOORS, never used Jira or Confluence, from where do I begin learning Jira.  I need to know how to do following in Jira:

Link test case to a defect report

Attach a file to a defect report

Search for duplicate defects

How to execute a test case,  I think I need to make a clone of it first then execute the clone

How to add a new test case

How to spell check the new test case

Like # people like this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 29, 2021

Please check out the Community Video Library which will cover the basics for you. Also check these courses on linkedin.

Like # people like this
Jarosław Solecki _Deviniti_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
September 30, 2021

Jira natively doesn't have TC's. You have to install some plugins for Test management like that one. 

Like # people like this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Hi all!!

I have been working with Jira and Confluence, etc... for 4 years now, although I already worked with jira in 2013 in a project that managed the tasks through Jira, now I have the ACP-300 and ACP-620 certifications and the 616 badge.

Now I really enjoy making automation rules, I find it really fun to be able to create them!

Since then I use it both for work and for my personal life and I love it!

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2021

Sincere Apologies guys, I think I have already introduced my self and @Hana Kučerová  has greeted me already but I am being asked again as part of a challenge. I don't like to repeat but I am confused.

@Monique vdB  - Could you please suggest me any better way to sort out this? 

Like # people like this
Laura Holton _ACE Rotterdam_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2021

Hi @Suvradip Paul 👋

I've faced the same issue, you may find this of use to read and follow up with on this question thread: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Community-Kudos-Feedback/Jira-Journey-Badge/qaq-p/1824542

Like # people like this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021
Like # people like this
Vronik October 5, 2021

Hi everyone !!!

I started with JIra about 2013
I have already implemented it and have done it several times because I have helped many clients
I would be interested in more specific training, common problems or questions from our users, maybe we can solve repetitive doubts
The best story that thanks to Jira I have met wonderful people

Regards

Like # people like this
Vero Rivas
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 5, 2021

Jira & Confluence in love !!! 💖💖💖

Like # people like this
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 9, 2021

Hi all!

Great to be part of this group, and always happy to help out with anything Jira.

I've been using the products now for about two years, and have been a leader for coming up on a year.

I think my favourite product is Jira Service Management, just because it is the one I'm most familiar with.

Like # people like this
kerri.meyer October 11, 2021

Other than using Jira as an end user to enter IT tickets for companies I worked for in the past, I've never used it. We are now trying to use it for our enabling function (the People team) and I'll be honest...I'm lost. I'll be looking immediately for a high level overview so that I can decode what it means to have an epic, story, issue, task, etc. 

Like # people like this
Medhat Ahmed October 14, 2021

Hi Everyone

I have 3.5 years of experience in all Atlassian products as an implementor and system integrator.

Best Regards,

Medhat

Like # people like this
Moses Thomas
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 14, 2021

Hello,
My name is Moses, I am an Automation Solutions developer at UBS , I happy to join the group, been  working with JIRA for over 6yrs, and now helping as a leader  currently working on a  big project(Test Automations) beside work i love ruining ,soccer and reading as well.

Cheers!
Moses

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

Hi Everyone.  Been using JIRA about 4 years now.  

Like # people like this
Marjorie
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021
  • When did you first time find out about Jira? years ago, my COO wanted us to use it for requirements gathering.
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension? Can't live without it.
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you? Not sure at the moment.  Anything Scrum.
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira? I have come to love JIRA, but I pushed back years ago.
Like # people like this
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2021

Hi all,

As many here before me, I am not really new to Jira anymore. I started using Jira back in 2011 to plan and track the work of the development team I worked for as a business analyst and Proxy to our customer(s).

A lot happened since. I've seen Jira split up in Jira Software, Service Management and Core (now Work Management). And I've made the shift from that development team to becoming a consultant on Atlassian Solutions now six years ago. I am enthusiastically helping our customers get the most of the Atlassian stack to solve all kinds of challenges in the areas of Project / Program / Portfolio Management, Service Management and everything related to teamwork, collaboration and knowledge work.

I have been around in the Community for several years helping solve questions and remain committed to doing so, as it has been an invaluable source for myself too to keep learning / investigating new things.

Like # people like this
Yvonne Bailey October 20, 2021

Hello, I'm currently in transition to a new career and Jira is tossed around like candy in the space of collaboration tools.  So, I decided to take the initiative and start learning how to use the application!  

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2021

Welcome, Yvonne! 

Ask plenty of questions in the Community - we are here to help!

Like # people like this
Ric Moreno Orsini November 1, 2021

Hi @Hana Kučerová! I'm absolutely new to Jira, setting up the workflows & the automation rules!

Like # people like this
Mark Ashley dela Rosa November 4, 2021

I've been hearing about Jira since I think around 2014 but it's only this year that I was able to get my first hand experience with it. I'm looking forward to learning awesome things with Jira :)

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 6, 2021

Hi everyone!

Have been using Jira and Confluence on and off for years now.

As usual, would be glad to help and share experience :)

Like # people like this
Osuntoki Seun November 10, 2021

I have known about Jira (Atlassian) since 2010 as a software engineering. I mostly relates with confluence to update and post documentations. After, I joined a couple of organization as a software developer, some use Jira some does not. I recently assumed a role where I needed to learn more about Jira administrations.

It feels like there is a lot to learn about Jira.

Looking forward to discovering new things in Jira.

Like # people like this
Grigory Salnikov
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 10, 2021

Hi @Osuntoki Seun and welcome to our community!

There is a lot but it is fun. And you are already at the right place to start ;)

welcome-15.gif

Like # people like this
Daniel Maat November 11, 2021

Hello Everyone!

I have been using Confluence and Trello for a couple of years and decided it was time to jump on the wagon with Jira just recently in order to keep track of a software development project that I'm busy with.

So far it has been amazing and I'm looking forward to be part of this group to learn even more about how people use this great tool.

Like # people like this
Kristin Lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 13, 2021
  • When did you first time find out about Jira?
    • I believe in .. 2014?
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • It's already implemented!
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • Best practices for teams
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
    • I love talking to my friends and casually mentioning Atlassian software and they're like .. "oh yes we use Jira at work too" :)
Like # people like this
Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
November 15, 2021

I like when you talk about Jira, and someone else says they use it. It's a nice feeling. Mainly because it's unexpected, I think! @Kristin Lyons 

Like # people like this
Krish Suraparaju November 16, 2021

hello there!!!

Like # people like this
Hakeem Olasupo
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 19, 2021

Hi everyone, I'm Hakeem by name.

I am new to Jira. I hope to learn more from the group.

Thanks 😊

hffriends.gif

Like # people like this
M Amine
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2021

Hello everyone,

Hope you are doing great. 

I'm a Jira user since 2003. Now switching to the Cloud.

Hoping to see more integration between Proforma, Insight, OpsGenie, Chartio and Jira. 

Hoping to see Jira family grow more :)

I'm here to help and learn

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events