Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 11 of 13

314 comments

Comment

Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 6, 2023

Good morning all,

I work with Jira en Confluence since 2014. As a consultant, we helped a lot of customers during these 9+ years. We had a preference to stay with a vanilla Jira of Confluence and only use plugins when really needed.

The nice thing is that we helped customers with there IT helpdesk, project management, managing their products in the field at the customers, etc. A lot of different use cases.

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2023

Thumbs up for staying vanilla when possible @Bert van Dijk _TMC_nl_ ! 👍🏻

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
Victoria Cantelmi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 16, 2023

Barely starting to understand how it works. I'm using Jira for Time management but also for HR actions like Recruiting, Leaves Management, Feedback and Performace. 

I was very used to use other HRM's. I found Jira very useful but algo a little bit difficult to operate those task. 

Like # people like this
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2023

Welcome @Victoria Cantelmi ! Are you using Jira Software or Jira Work Management for your task management?

David Vincent October 19, 2023

Hi @Hana Kučerová ,

• When did you first time find out about Jira?
    • In 2010, greenhopper power :)
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • I'm consultant and an Atlassian certified expert 
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • JQL, Assets and automation.
Like # people like this
Mary Henin October 30, 2023

Hi there!
Happy Monday!!

My journey started just about a year ago ... I made an internal move in my company & joined our Digital / Dev team. I've been trying to absorb as much as possible. They had already implemented the basics of the tool; I was catching up & quickly learning more about all the different tools/applications :)

The live webinars, plus the prior recorded ones, these communities continue to be very helpful!
Looking forward to continue to learn more best practices!
Thanks so much!

Like # people like this
Joel Garner October 31, 2023

Hello! My name is Joel. I've been my company's Jira Admin for about a year and half. While not new to Jira, I am new to the Jira community. I've glad to see how many people are active and keen to interact with others here. :) 

Like # people like this
Dave Duijvekam November 3, 2023

Hello,

I began using Jira back in 2020, and this year, after switching to a new company, I introduced it to our workflow. We are now utilizing both Jira Service Management and Work Management.

As the one who introduced it at work, I've taken on the role of the application owner, which has been quite an exciting responsibility.

I've found the community to be an invaluable resource for answering questions and providing support. Thank you all for your contributions!

Like # people like this
Mustafa Mansour November 6, 2023

Hello @Hana Kučerová ,

I'm Mustafa Mansour, a Jira administrator in a large software house located in Egypt, I've been acting in this role for six months, and looking forward to being one of the experts in this field.

Regards 

Mustafa

Like # people like this
Mustafa Mansour November 7, 2023

Same Here from my personal account 

Like # people like this
Shawn Doyle - ReleaseTEAM
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 15, 2023

I started using Jira in 2004ish.  I became the defacto admin for it at one of my clients.  Jira became one of the main products we supported over the following years.  These days it's still the primary product we support at the majority of our clients.

Like # people like this
Varsha Joshi November 15, 2023

Hello all,

I have been using Jira for quite some time, but recently assumed the role of Jira administrator.

• Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • Jira is already implemented helps manage NPI and sustaining work. 
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • Jira dashboards - being able to create a dashboard for each person listing at the project level and then give the ability to prioritize using a score. 
Like # people like this
Lars Barthel November 16, 2023

Hello there!

I have been using Jira for some time, also as an Jira administrator. But eveery now and then, I am still astonished what Jira can do if you tweak it. :D

Like # people like this
Mayur Jadhav
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 22, 2023

Hello Everyone!!

I am using Jira since I passed out from collage i.e 2020 its been 3 years since I am working on Atlassian Ecosystem. I am not new to this group but just to get some kudos I a introducing my self again.

Like # people like this
Varunish Garg November 23, 2023

Jira and Confluence, the two inseparable siblings.

Rachita Naidu
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 24, 2023

Hi everyone,

I am just in my early career and I've only been using Jira for a year now with my current company adopting the Jira life just a couple of weeks back. Am still very new to this and still learning how to build complex interactive dashboards that pull meaningful data but this has been a very helpful tool is organizing my work and as a product manager keeping my team upto date with all information. As simple as it is the kanban boards are my favorite feature and I used it the most in my everyday work. I'd love to hear about what does everyone else find as the most helpful Jira feature.

Like # people like this
Carlos Chang December 5, 2023

Hi guys,

I have 3 years experience on Atlassian product implementation.(mostly Jira & Confluence)

It comes to my mind recently that I think it would be great if I could have a post-migration checklist to verify how migration process going.

Back in the days when I implemented data center migration and upgrade, I'll check like database statistic consistency, system health, log analyzer result, etc., for my client as a basic report.

But most feature is not available on cloud, so I wonder is there some check I should run instead of silently complete the migration.

Like # people like this
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 5, 2023

Hey @Carlos Chang welcome to the group! For your question, perhaps you can post it in the relevant product group? You can find all the products here: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Products/ct-p/products

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 8, 2023

Welcome @Carlos Chang very awesome to have you here.

Like # people like this
BHUSHAN PATIL
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2023

I am Bhushan Patil, and thrilled to join this vibrant community group of Jira enthusiasts!
I come with 2 years of experience in using Jira, Confluence and Crowd.
I am looking forward to contributing to this community by sharing my knowledge, while learning from all the amazing members here.

Like # people like this
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2024

I am not that new to Jira anymore.

Started out as user in 2016 and quickly became Project Admin and then Admin a couple of years ago. I now consult customers as an Atlassian Partner and help customers with migration, customising and introduction - however, my focus is on the people and how they can benefit from the tool (while still trying to maintain a high level of standardisation).

My funniest moment was in a training I conducted - "Jira Beginners":

Attendee: "Jira is showing me a bug."
Me: "And what does the message say?"
Attendee: "Just 'bug'."
Me: "Right - and where does that appear?"
Attendee: "Right in the middle of the screen."

It took me about five minutes to realise that the attendee was referring to an issue on the board, that had the issue type "Bug" and the summary "Example Bug"... :D 

Like # people like this
Dan Tombs
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2024

I definitely just nerd laughed at this. Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Aaron Geister
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2024

Where is the emoji in the like button when you need it. Very good laugh this morning thanks for the share.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 8, 2024

Lol, great story!

Ankush Bora January 8, 2024

Hello All

I would not say I am a newbie to JIRA. I have been using it for sometime now.
However, I have joined this community to know more and refine my JIRA know-how.
Look forward to interesting content here.

Regards,
Ankush

Like # people like this
RajinIndia Ind January 9, 2024

Hi Everyone, Raj here

I found out about Jira in the year 2018.
I find it as one of my go to softwares, however with some features added. 
Topics that i am most interested in JIRA is about the Jira Automation, trying to find out the learning paths in Atlassian university for more. 

I've joined community to raise a minor issue in confluence but i dont know why I am after kudos ^_^

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 10, 2024

Kudos are very addictive :-)

Like # people like this
Ric Alves
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 11, 2024

I first used Jira back in 2007 when it was just a baby, for about 5 years or so. I left to another company who was more Microsoft centric, so we used Azure Devops.  I left that company recently and back at a Jira shop. Woot woot!  I was excited that I arrived back to using Jira, but there are capabilities that I miss from using AzDevops at the old place. So,I am looking forward to know more and how things get done in Jira. 

Like # people like this
Corinne Dent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 12, 2024

Hey @Ric Alves - I am a member of the Jira product marketing team and your comment really caught my eye. Curious to learn more about your experience using Azure DevOps and specifically, what about it is missing from Jira. Would you be open to spending 30 minutes with to chat? It would be great for me to share your feedback internally so we can improve things!

Feel free to email me at croberts@atlassian.com to setup a time or drop your email address here and I'll reach out! Thanks!

Like # people like this
Fatima S Calderon
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 17, 2024

Hi Everyone!

I've been "running into" JIRA for a few years now, but have never used it.

I am taking a certificate program now as I want to supplement my Resume and my project management skills.

Like # people like this
Jarda Skopal January 22, 2024

Hello Everbody!

I started using Jira last year as I've switched my career route from transportation to IT. Got a job at a lovely little company and kinda ended up with being the admin of our Atlassian account. 😁

It's a magnificent tool and I've quite enjoyed working on several automations for our issues. Learning new things everyday! The community helps a lot, so - thanks folks! 👍

Like # people like this
Sean Chua _Adaptavist_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 22, 2024

Relatively new to Atlassian Ecosystem (about 1year). Pretty cool stuff and there is a ton of things to learn around Jira and other tools. Still learning to organise my stuff nicely..hehe

Like # people like this
Emily
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
January 25, 2024

Hello, as a business we have been using Jira for over a year now. I have also run a scrum several times and used the planning tools. I still find it doesn't come naturally to me to use it when I have no project running. Any tips on how to use Jira day to day or any simple how to videos I would really appreciate the comments or advice.  

Like # people like this
Richard Scholtes January 30, 2024

Hello Everyone!

My name is Richard Scholtes!
I got my first contact with Jira in 2019 while working in 1st Level Support and steering a 3rd party supplier that used Jira Software for job planning, 

Current status quo is that I successfully rolled out JSM (formerly known as JSD) as our new ITSM Ticket System, half of our developers switched to Jira software already, we have integrations to 7 other tools running and I was named technical responsible for the whole platform start of this year.

Currently my head is wrapped around automation in general, building a KEDB with JSM and Confluence, getting better reports out of Jira and keeping track of Europe's newest regulation rulebook DORA.

Like # people like this
Irina Mosina _TechTime_
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 5, 2024

Hi everybody, I started using Jira as a Software Developer to collaborate on issues raised by our testing team and plan releases back in a shocking 2003!

Yes, we were one of the earlier adopters of Jira and then a plugin called GreenHopper to facilitate our Scrum and Kanban practices. How incredible it is to see, now, as someone deeply embedded within the Atlassian ecosphere, so many new and enthusiastic users of Jira joining the forces!

I love how the Atlassian Community continues to be a source of inspiration for Marketplace partners and a solution crowdsourcing platform. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions or just need advice from an old-timer. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events