Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 12 of 13

309 comments

Comment

Bo Zhao
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2024

Greetings, I am Bo. I am passionate about learning and growth, and I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you guys.

Like # people like this
TC Wang
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 5, 2024

Welcome! You can explore other groups in which you may be interested through this page: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Groups/ct-p/groups

Like # people like this
Jayant Bhawal February 7, 2024

Hey all! New to JIRA stuff, and definitely confused about the difference between JSM, JIRA Cloud, Enterprise, etc.

A quick pointer would be super appreciated. :)

Like # people like this
Corinne Dent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 7, 2024

Hi @Jayant Bhawal - I am a member of the Jira team and would be happy to chat through your questions. Please shoot me an email at croberts@atlassian.com and we can find some time. Or, leave your email here and I'll reach out!

Like # people like this
prachi sharma
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2024

We have implemented JIRA Data Center and use it along with many other tools in our company. I am here to learn new things from the community and earn badge.

Like # people like this
Ndifreke Etuknwa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 13, 2024

I'm new here., and im here to learn to become perfect

Like # people like this
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 13, 2024

LOL Welcome to the community.  This is my 20th year using Jira I'm still not perfect.  I wish you success in your pursuit.

Like Amanda Barber likes this
John Connolly February 13, 2024

I've been a Jira user for the last 8 years or so, but new in the sense that there's always something new to learn or a better way of doing things.  I'm working on building up some certs so the training is revealing a lot of stuff that's new to me, too.  It's great!

Like # people like this
boardtc
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 22, 2024

I started using Jira in 2010 not long after Atlassian bought GreenHopper and I started on the Agile journey. Great to see the community is still thriving.

Like # people like this
Andreas Haaken _APTIS_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 28, 2024

Hi everybody!

I started using Jira as part of an experiment in my last job as Scrum Master in 2010. After I fought some fights they let me introduce Atlassian to the company as a game changer. That made me Jira Admin and in 2014 I created my own Company (APTIS) to become Atlassian Partner. 

I Still worked as project manager and after missing many things that I need for a lean job, I created Epic Sum Up as PM-Tool.. 

I am still doing almost everything with Jira and we don´t need almost any other software as work setup. That was also part of my journey as consultant and architect based on Jira. 

Now when Jira goes Cloud I get back a little and learn everyday about new stuff.. 

I hope that I can help others to solve their problems as good as I can :)

Like # people like this
Thiago Pinheiro March 4, 2024

Hi! I started using Jira as a product manager in 2021 and now I'm experimenting JPD, really exited on what this brings to our product operation model.

Like # people like this
Tania Graham March 6, 2024

Hello! I've been using Jira for 4 years as a user and 1 year now as an Org Admin. 
What I realize as changing roles within Jira is that most usual users don't know how to use it properly and get the most out of it. I'm thinking of creating an onboarding experience for new employees and bi monthly newsletters/tutorials for everyone to keep people up to date and using our Jira/Confluence to its fullest potential.
Can't wait to learn from others to get those topics!

Like # people like this
Corinne Dent
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 28, 2024

Hey @Tania Graham would you be open to having a quick call with me? I am a member of the Jira product marketing team and an area I look after is content and onboarding. I would love to better understand how we can support admins like you with your own enablement.

My email is croberts@atlassian.com - please shoot me an email if you're up for it! I'd really love to connect.

Eric Shin
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2024

Hi started using Jira in 5 years ago when i started my career. Constantly learning new things everyday, glad to be a part of this community and learn from others!!!

Like # people like this
Net Rushford
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2024

Hey this is Net!

Like # people like this
Net Rushford
Atlassian Team
March 8, 2024

Hi I'm Net!

Isaac Adebayo March 9, 2024
  • I heard about Jira last four years
  • I have got acquainted with it and even the processing getting better in automating most of my daily processes with it.
  • Automations, JQLs and Reporting because they help me around analysis and analytics.
  • I remember when I had to figure out on my own that no matter what or where, every issues needs to have a summary and I can't change that.
Like # people like this
Marcus Jensen
Atlassian Team
March 11, 2024

Its so wonderful to meet everyone!!

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Susanna Babayan March 13, 2024

Hi everyone! 

I've been with Atlassian for almost 2 years. I worked with JSM, JSW, Work Management, Product Discovery and Confluence. I had quite the waste experience since I'm a Jira Support Agent and I also use Jira as a part of my daily work. Sooo, hope to learn here as well as share my knowledge as much as I can :) 

Like # people like this
Junior Balcázar Gonzáles
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
March 13, 2024

Hello!

My first approach with Jira was in late 2020 and I used it during the whole covid19 pandemic. I belonged to a team of data engineers in Lationamerica and we used Jira Software as a tool to control the requests and incidents of the operations team. I consider that my knowledge about Jira is basic, after this work experience I became very interested in the Agile world and I specialized in software development and project management. At this stage I was no longer using Jira, however, today in 2024 I want to resume, know and take advantage of the benefits that Jira brings and that will help in my current and future projects.
I have high expectations and I hope to learn a lot with the community.

Like # people like this
Kate March 19, 2024

Hi All,
My name's Kate, been working with Jira and Confluence for about 6 years now, previously working with other planning and ticketing systems. Been lurking around the Atlassian forums for the last year or so, but thought it's time to actually introduce myself

l5V6BO

Like # people like this
Sriharsha March 21, 2024

Hi,

I first learned about Atlassian Tools in 2013 through my cousin. I'm interested in Jira Software, Jira Service Management (JSM), Confluence, and lately, Trello. I'm always keen to learn new things within the Atlassian ecosystem.

Like # people like this
wkennedy March 30, 2024

Long time listener, first time caller...

Got started with Jira after years of OSS PHP and Perl projects, Bugzilla, Remedy, etc. Life changer.

I used that experience as a pivot point to help companies adopt the Atlassian tools in the larger landscape of software and services in their catalog.

Love helping leaders do more with less.

Like # people like this
Noah - Devsamurai April 2, 2024

Hello!

I've been using Confluence for a month as my organization has only recently adopted Jira as our go-to tool. As I'm quite new to it, I'm still in the process of getting acquainted with all its features and functionalities. It's comforting to know that there's an active and supportive community here that I can lean on for practical advice and insights. I'm excited to be a part of this group and am looking forward to embarking on this exciting learning journey with all of you! :)

Like # people like this
Stephen_Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 2, 2024

When did you first time find out about Jira?

• It was about 2014 when I was looking into ways that we could track and manage our work better

Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?

• As with most others I started out as a user but have now progressed on to Jira Cloud admin and project admin

Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?

• I'm currently working a lot with Product Discovery, with this the thing that would help me most is aligning it with other Jira products, for instance by having company rather than team managed setup

Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?

• Once or twice a week my manager messages me to ask for help with something Jira related; about 3 weeks ago he called me in a panic saying that he was doing a demonstration of Assets in JSM to the exec board and when he went to show them his screen he couldn't find any of the Assets that he'd added that week, it turns out that he'd added all the Assets in a Sandbox Environment and nothing was actually in our Production environment!
Like # people like this
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
April 4, 2024

Hello everyone! Just introducing myself... I lead event technology for Atlassian and love to geek-out to all things related to both those words: events and technology. That said, I'm new to Jira and working hard to learn as much as I can! 

Greetings everyone! Happy to be here.

Like # people like this
Josh Shepherd
Atlassian Team
April 5, 2024

Hello! I'm new to the group, but excited about learning more about Jira - and jumping into the community with both feet. My job focuses around technology and events, but there are a lot of ways we could be using Jira to do our work much more efficiently!

Like Stefan Salzl likes this
Brenda Xuereb April 11, 2024

Hey Hey!!

• When did you first time find out about Jira?
    • Probably sometime back in 2009 when I was asked to use this heavily on a daily basis due to being an IT Administrator/User access manager later in the same year. I had been aware of the tool but had never used it before and I cannot see myself going back from this.
  • Where are you in the process of adopting Jira? Only considering it or already implemented and looking for some extension?
    • Thankfully this is fully adopted where I now work, already made sure to improve learning about the tool as some people have a 'fear of the unknown and would like to change those ways' 
  • Which topics about Jira are you interested the most and what would you help you?
    • The differentiation of the different products and their uses (Jira Product Discovery, Jira Work Management, Jira Service Management etc.. along with migration to the cloud and more in depth tasks which Systems admin on the tool would need to be made aware of)
  • Do you have any funny stories connected to Jira?
    • Got to know the use of company managed projects and how this would impact other projects within my 3rd week in the job :) nothing to major as always make sure I'm aware of the repercussions but learnt my lesson there!

Looking forward to learn more!

Like # people like this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
April 17, 2024

Hello everyone, I'm not exactly new to Jira, but I'm new to the group! My name is Marshall and I am the Head of Customer Education at Atlassian. If you ever want to talk about training and certification for Jira, reach out. 

Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events