Did you mean: 

New to Jira? Introduce yourself here!

Viewing page 13 of 13

323 comments

Comment

Christa Sheridan
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2024

No so new to Jira, my company adopted the on-prem in 2004, and I've been training new employees on how to use it since 2012.

Our move to Jira Cloud has confused a frustrated a lot of users. I'm hopeful I can find useful tips to share with my colleagues and reduce their frustration. Having 20 years of experience with the previous version, I'm finding it a big change to the cloud as well.

Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2024

Hi @Christa Sheridan ,

welcome. I'm sorry to hear your users are flustrated. Maybe you can share the reasons and we can help you find the way, how to improve it?

Like # people like this
HUSAINALI BHIMANI
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 28, 2024

Hi Everyone. I have been using Jira since 2018. I am currently Jira System Administrator. Happy to be part of the Learners community. 

Like # people like this
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 29, 2024

Welcome to the community!

Like # people like this
Jenny O_Connell April 29, 2024

Hi,

• I have been a Jira user for many years but mostly only entering information to one specific webform created by someone else. 
  • I recently moved to a new role and am now an admin - I have figured out how to edit a form for others to use, but I still feel like I am new to Jira.  
  • At this point in time I am looking for how to add Sections or Subheadings to my Jira form but I would ultimately like to be an expert user.
  • I learn well by just jumping in an using software but when I get stuck I read the help information and thirdly as questions.  I love the way that the Ask the Community searches for existing similar questions as you are creating the post :)
Like # people like this
Marshall Walker Lee
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2024

Hello everyone, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Marshall, the head of customer education at Atlassian. Last week, at our Team '24 conference, we announced that Atlassian University's on-demand courses are now 100% free for our entire community. So, if you're new to Jira we have tons of free learning resources to help you get started, build skills, and eventually become a Jira ninja 🥷 Check out our free learning paths here.

Like # people like this
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2024

So,If I am not wrong, only the courses which are included in learning paths are free and still have to pay if want to clear your related certification.

Vijay

Like # people like this
Joanna Thurmann
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 6, 2024

Hi @Vijay Dadi Yes, all the learning is free. But you need to pay to take the Atlassian certification exam ($100 for the Associate certifications and $249 for the Professional certifications).

Like # people like this
Chris Lee May 6, 2024

Been using Jira and Confluence since 2021, working in EV/automotive and now aerospace.

Like # people like this
Mary Agueros May 8, 2024

I was given an assignment last month, April 2024, to identify the configuration of a new Jira Software project which my team is expected to migrate to sometime in the near future. I was given access to the Sandbox as a resource for learning how Jira Software works. The Atlassian Support documentation and Community have been extremely helpful. The submission of a workflow, issue types, issue status, automation, custom fields and screen layouts has been completed. I am now in the process of final refinements before giving our Jira Admin the green light to build the project in Production. 

This has been an engaging assignment and look forward to learning more about the features available in Jira Software. 

My gratitude to those who write the Atlassian documentation and everyone out there  in the Community.

Like # people like this
Vijay Dadi
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 8, 2024

Super excited to be Rising Star and JSM Teacher within 3-4 weeks of joining community.

Looking forward for more achievements.

Like # people like this
Jonathan Appel May 9, 2024

I've been using Jira since it was called JIRA.

Like # people like this
Jenny O_Connell May 9, 2024

Ah, that is what I thought too but didn't realise!  I thought it was JIRA.

Like # people like this
Christie Gera {Appfire} May 17, 2024

hey! Been using Jira for a few years!

Like # people like this
Rohan Bell May 19, 2024

I’m currently leading a team on a transition from “old” ways of working to “new” ways of working. Jira and confluence are front and centre in the new ways and I’m loving them. I’ve joined the group to see what I don’t know and what I can learn.

Like # people like this
Theresa McFarlane May 28, 2024

Hi Everyone! I have been using Jira and Confluence for well over 10 yrs. I have been an admin on top of my duties as a Sr. IT PM/Agile Professional. I love Jira/Confluence so much that I was over the moon when selected to be an Atlassian Creator. Whatever company I go into, I always suggest Atlassian products due to their scalability and innovation. 

Like # people like this
Ciara TN
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2024

I started using Jira in 2013 when my manager at that stage asked me to implement it for the IT department. Since then I have used it a developer and now I am working as an Atlassian Consultant with an Atlassian Platinum Partner. 

One of my favourite part of Jira is how different people pronounce it :) But also how much customisation is available and integration possibilities. 

Like # people like this
Jacqueline Eichberger June 7, 2024

I wish I could remember exactly when, but it was part of a project. I had the strategic PMO and the partner company report their hours and tasks via Jira, which didn't fit in with the existing system at all. After a long back-and-forth, we integrated it and it was great!

It took me a while to get the green light to work with Jira. I was already familiar with Scrum, so I thought I'd be okay in the technical area. Not long after I became an admin, I was able to take care of it and train it! It's been a great experience so far.

I have a passion for AI, automation, and workflow.

Like # people like this
Dave Rosenlund _Trundl_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 7, 2024

Welcome, @Jacqueline Eichberger  👋

Like # people like this
Juan Carlos Pin June 14, 2024

Hi All!

Long time Jira User, lovin' it. Since 2014 (so long? whoah!) Always learning and admiring this company.

Like # people like this
Robert Wen_ReleaseTEAM_
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 14, 2024

Welcome!

Like # people like this
Emmanuel_A July 8, 2024

Hello, is it me you're looking for?

I am just here for my Kudos!!

Like # people like this
Lucy Dilts July 9, 2024

Hi All -

Started using Jira in 2021. Still remember the days of Bugzilla though, so it has been a long relationship! With all the knowledge I have amassed about the Atlassian products I spend a considerable amount of time coaching Agile teams on how to use the tool with efficiency as prime.

Only thing that really gets me is how frustrated I still get when folks start to level up their Jira knowledge and realize there are some basic things that don't work well in the tool. Many of these things have been there for over 15 years and all I can say is: "They are never going to "fix" it but here is the the link to all the tickets folks have opened over the years!" (including the one I have opened myself). Many companies that I have consulted with have actually moved off Jira due to a lot of these basic limitations / frustrations. Atlassian still doesn't seem to realize that many organizations, for security reasons, cannot use plug-ins from the Marketplace, so they have moved on to other Products that met their needs.

If I can share what extensive knowledge with anyone in this or any thread, feel free to reach out to me. Would be more than happy to help!

Like # people like this
Chrissy Clements July 10, 2024

I'm not exactly new to Jira—I’ve been using it since 2007! However, with the rapid pace of updates and new features, it often feels like I’m constantly learning the platform anew every couple of weeks.

Like # people like this
Ncumisa Booi July 11, 2024

Started using Jira for the first time in 2023 February, \i learn everyday and I started with this platform this year as I was busy self learning Jira. It had been helpful

Like # people like this
Yousuf Raza July 15, 2024

I first found out about Jira when I worked with a brand on a freelancing project via Upwork. I designed their website UI, so the project manager assign the tasks to me using Jira. It was a fun project, and that's how I started to know about it. 

Like # people like this
Zaid Smadi July 23, 2024

First time I found out about Jira and Confluence was around 2013, never stopped using those great tools since then

Like # people like this
Hans Polder
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2024

Started using Jira back in ~2015 and Confluence a few years later. In the last 2 years as org admin, prior to that as Product Owner and regular user. 

Happy to see all the improvements flying around, and the opportunity to learn is nearly endless. Even after so many years working with the product and having been an admin, there are still countless areas I can improve/start in :)

Like # people like this
Valerie Mason
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
July 24, 2024

I have been a certified Data Manager for 24 years and this is the first time I ever heard of, saw, learned how to build using Jira. It seems to be what everyone needs, one stop shopping for up to date data concerning a clinical trial. 

Like Amanda Barber likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events