Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to post

Jeremy Zhou October 19, 2023

Hi Jira team,

My last post in Jira Discussions was taken down, but it’s not too clear to me what rules I broke. I am sure it was for a good reason but I want to avoid making the same mistakes going forward, is it possible someone from the Jira team could educate me.  

Thank you

1 comment

Comment

Ollie Guan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 19, 2023

Hi @Jeremy Zhou ,

I'm not sure what you posted before, but here are the rules

• Messages with the explicit intent to sell a product or service, or to drive people to a form or a website, will be removed at the discretion of our moderators.
  • Impersonating an Atlassian or sock puppeting for self-promotion or other reasons is prohibited.
  • Make sure your contributions don't violate the Atlassian privacy policy.
  • The community is not a channel for marketing or promotions. Partner posts and comments should be in service of helping users get more out of their Atlassian implementations and not to promote their brands. When relevant, partners can provide a link to their partner pages on Atlassian, but should not be linking to other sites. You can review the partner guidelines here.

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/rules-of-engagement

Jeremy Zhou October 20, 2023

Hey Ollie,

Thanks for explaining the rules in detail! I'm still not fully clear on what what rule I violated, as it does seem a bit of a gray area. Is it possible you could review the content of my post and tell me what to remove or edit to ensure the post doesn't violate guidelines? 

Previous Post
"
Hey guys,

I’m an ex-Instacart PM in the process of starting a new company. As a part of that process i’m researching and interviewing Jira users to understand how they approach managing their complex workflows.

Would anyone be willing to talk with me about their day-to-day this week or next week?
"

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2023

Hi Jeremy, at a quick glance, your text is self-promoting, trying to sell yourself as a product, and generic (meaning not about Atlassian directly), so it looks like sales or self-promotion, not getting more out of existing products. 

Like Ollie Guan likes this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events