Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to find where to Manage Services in Jira Service Management Project

Michael Scales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 22, 2020

We have an existing Jira Service Desk Project, using just the IT Change Management features.

Project Type is now Service Management - this occurred automatically.

As a Project Admin, unable to find where to configure Services as per https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-your-services/

Only see Components option in Project Settings

Is the Service functionality available yet?

Are there any update/upgrade steps to apply to our project before new features are available.  

1 answer

1 accepted

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2020

Hi @Michael Scales ,

While your project is now rebranded to JSM (Jira Service Management) the template the project originally used was still the JSD template.

the Services/Service Registry is a feature of the new template.

If you currently make a new Service project you'll see the ability to manage your services. At the moment there is not yet an automated method to convert/migrate an "old" JSD project in to a "JSM" project.

You could create a new test project with the new template and there you should find the new sevices feature.

Michael Scales
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 23, 2020

Dear @Dirk Ronsmans

Thank you, that is clear. will go and try

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events