Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jira Service Management Add Shortcut

Tony Shabani August 5, 2021

I am an admin and I added a shortcut to the portal on the left hand side. I logged in as an agent but they're unable to see the shortcut on the left hand side. I read the following article that states anyone with access to your project can see the shortcuts:

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-work-management/docs/add-edit-or-delete-a-shortcut/#Add-a-shortcut

How do I make it so agents can see shortcuts I add as an admin?

2 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

@Tony Shabani Welcome to the Atlassian Community

There is no security on the project links.  If someone is a service desk team member then they will be able to see it.  Can you add a couple of other links to google and one internal to see if that shows?

Tony Shabani August 6, 2021

I added shortcut links to duckduckgo, google, and insight but the agent still does not see them when I login as them. Here is a screenshot of their access:

Capture.PNG

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 6, 2021

@Tony Shabani That is really odd because they have the proper access.  I wonder if something is not working on your cloud instance.  You might have Atlassian take a look by submitting an support issue https://support.atlassian.com/contact/ 

Like Tony Shabani likes this
1 vote
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

Hi @Tony Shabani and welcome,

Did you add the agent to the project? Can you provide screenshots of what you (as an admin) are seeing, and what does an agent sees?

Alex

Hi Alex,

This is the shortcut I added as an admin to the project:

Capture.PNG

This is what the agent sees when I login as them and view the project. The shortcut is missing:

Capture2.PNG

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

That is strange..

I've added two shortcuts as an admin, and I can see them using another account with the role of Agent.

Try clearing your cache, or login from an incognito window as an agent.

Let me know how that goes.
Alex

I tried logging in as them from an incognito window but no luck :/

Community Leader
Community Leader
August 6, 2021

@Tony Shabani try to give this agent the admin role, and see if he/she can see the shortcuts. Kindly report back :)

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events