Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Handling tickets from multiple locations

Adrian Crawley July 19, 2021

Hi,

We are evaluating JSM and I would like some advice about how to set up the system to handle multiple locations.

We have 6 offices with local IT support staff, we would like to maintain a separate ticket queue for each of them, which the local team are responsible for.

We want to manage the tickets centrally and have the ability to escalate tickets from a one of the sites to HQ.

Is this possible?

5 answers

Suggest an answer

1 vote
Patrick Haley July 19, 2021

Hey Adrian, 

There are a couple of easy ways to do this. 

1. Set up a project and let users choose the office, then have an automation to assign it to the right queue for JSM agents. I do this in one of our projects where to auto assign issues based on state. 

2. You can set up different JSM projects for each office, which is a good way to handle it. I do this for our regional offices.  

1 vote
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2021

Easiest way without any additional app is to just add a location / department field on your issue

You make different queues based on that field than. 
if you use a group picker and set them as ‘offices’ you can even just use a single queue and just add the agents of that office to the right group. 

setting the ‘office’ could be an automated rule or you can have a central office set that or have a queue where it isn’t set yet and make that a general responsibility 

HQ could also be one of those offices

1 vote
Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2021
0 votes
Markku Miettunen April 20, 2023

I have worked with this setup:

1. In the Customer Portal, Service requests include a Location field (drop-down-list).

2. Based on the selection, the requests are directed to corresponding queue/team.

3. Statistics and dashboards use Location for presenting various KPIs   

0 votes
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

Hi Adrian, 
Like Dirk and Patrick suggested you can add a field to select a site for customer, based on which you can create different queues in your project.

You can also use components/label functionality to escalate/transfer tickets from one queue to different queue or team.

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events