Configures Jira issues to link them with Insight objects.

Yee Frost February 8, 2021

I am new to Jira Service Management and Insight. I would like to link an issue (incident) to an asset.  The instruction listed https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/service-management/resources/insight-data-center-get-started-guide#step-6 is not applicable to the current Jira Service Management cloud.  When I tried to create a custom field, there is only one option for Asset. I don't any where for me to select the insight object type as shown in the tutorial video.

image.pngimage.png

1 answer

Suggest an answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 8, 2021

Hi @Yee Frost,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In Cloud you set up the integration after the field has been created. Once the field is created, click the three dot menu and select Configure. From here you can add the filter. Take a look at Integrating Insight with Jira for more information. 

Yee Frost February 8, 2021

Thank you @Mikael Sandberg

This is very helpful instruction.

Ivo Schaap February 16, 2021

Dear Support Community,

Using the cloud version of both Jira and Insight, and do not see any documentation that is representative for the interfaces I see. Could it be that if you're still in the trial that certain options are missing?

The aim is to have tickets in a "Classic service project"  connected to assets in insight.

Or does it only works for "Classic software project" ?

Took a screen shot of how the software I use looks like:

Example.png

I am both Atlassian admin as Insight admin.

Either I overlook something or it is not supported with the versions I use.

Please let me know.

Kind Regards

Ivo

Yee Frost February 17, 2021

Hello Ivo,

After I followed the link that Mikael provided above, I was able to link Jira issue to the insight object.  

Thank you,

Yee

Ivo Schaap February 18, 2021

It was still an permission issue in my case

Thanks

virgiligarcia November 9, 2021

@Mikael Sandberg the link is broken! :(

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2021
Like virgiligarcia likes this
Geza Kukoda June 17, 2022

@Ivo Schaap I have the same issue. Could you please give me a bit more details on what permissions needs to be changed?

Screenshot 2022-06-17 142607.png

I have also found this ticket reporting this as a missing feature. I am a big confused now.
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9880

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events