Is there any way to create labels for tasks in Confluence?

Nikki Leonard December 19, 2019

I have researched this a bit and believe that there is not based on this article: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-questions/Can-I-tag-label-categorize-individual-tasks/qaq-p/829508 . However I am kind of refusing to believe that as the task report Macro seems to suggest you can filter and dynamically populate based on a label. See screenshot: 

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 10.34.42 AM.png                                       

This seems like a core function of task reporting. 

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2019

Hi @Nikki Leonard 

There are no possibilities to label tasks. For this, JIRA would be very useful.

The "task report" can show all tasks from a page with a particular "label". As you can see from the documentation

Filter by Label. The macro will only display tasks on pages with at least one of the specified labels (for example, 'label-a' OR 'label-b'). Enter multiple labels, separated by a comma.

Regards, Dominic

Nikki Leonard December 23, 2019

So in short, you can label pages and filter by tasks appearing on those pages but you can not label tasks? 

Dominic Lagger
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Yes, absolutely right! :) 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events