Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new to Confluence; Never heard of this platform before; Need help on EVERYTHING

Krystal Reed April 14, 2022

Good morning Guys & Gals,

I just started a new position with an independent insurance agency, so if anyone might be using this system that works in an insurance agency or an MGA, if you could please help me out I would truly and greatly appreciate it. I work remotely from FL, where as the agency I work for is in NY, so needless to say my training day went to fast and was interrupted many times as well, at the end of it I couldn't even make heads or tails of my own notes.........so, if there is anyway that someone can point me in the right direction as to how to begin using Jira & Confluence from beginning to end I would again truly forever be grateful for your help. 

Blessings.

Krystal Reed

6 answers

2 accepted

Suggest an answer

4 votes
Answer accepted
trthomas April 14, 2022

I have found the Atlassian University to be very beneficial.  Here is a Confluence Fundamentals course that is free.  Confluence Fundamentals : Atlassian 

Wishing you the best!

Tonia

Tonia,

Thank you so very much for reaching out! I will definitely go through this course this weekend, I very much appreciate you help!

Blessings

Krystal Reed

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mohamed Kasem April 14, 2022

Mohamed,

Thank you! I appreciate you sending this link over and will definitely watch it over the weekend. Yes, please if you think of anything further that could help me, I most definitely appreciate it. 

Blessings,
Krystal Reed

1 vote
Karthick S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 14, 2022

Welcome to the community @Krystal Reed 

0 votes
Jena Slezak _Pender_
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 22, 2022

@Krystal Reed this could help too! A bit of a lengthy read but should be worth it. Would love to know what you guys are trying to accomplish in Confluence and maybe I can help provide more resources?

https://www.atlassian.com/software/confluence/guides/get-started/confluence-overview

0 votes
Robert Pineres April 14, 2022

Hi Crystal,

Welcome to the Club! It's a journey together. I am learning as well. If you have some questions would be glad to assist in any way.

Take care 

Thank you Robert!

I'm definitely glad to be a part of the Club! At the moment, I need to know how to start the process from beginning to end though. My training day this past Monday, well let's just say I wasn't able to make sufficient notes lol, and need some help on navigating this system from point A to point B.

I'm not sure how different this system would be for people in totally different industries, as I am in insurance and that's complicated enough in itself! :D 

But if you by chance know how to explain more about the process and how it works, I would greatly appreciate any input ;)

Blessings

Krystal Reed

Like Mary Stallman likes this
Robert Pineres April 14, 2022

reach out to me @ robert.pineres@gigamon.com

Mubeen Tariq
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 22, 2023

Welcome to the Club! It's an excursion together. I'm advancing too. Assuming that you have a few inquiries would love to aid some way you can see on this website.

0 votes
Mohamed Kasem April 14, 2022

Hi Krystal, 

Welcome to the club :D, I have the same as you just with a cybersecurity company still new to the Jira & Confluence platform trying to find my way around.

You should be able to find some articles about your business that maybe benefit you.

If I find something helpful I will let you know

Best of luck in your new role!

Mohamed

Mubeen Tariq
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 30, 2023
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events