Update Customer Request Type on Issue Type Change

Sam Benacquista August 2, 2017

Hi,

A few months ago I worked with someone from the JIRA team that helped me with the Automation plug-in that helped me fix this problem. But since an add-on update (I'm assuming), it has stopped working.

When a ticket is sent through email to our helpdesk, it is automatically given type "Incident" and customer request type "Get IT Help." When it is changed to a "Service Request," the custom request type goes to "No match." This causes problems with notifications on the issue between the customer and a helpdesk member.

In the edit issue portion of our Automation, we had this under Additional fields: {"update":{},"fields":{"customfield_10000":"IT/3d595fbe-0a17-49e0-89ab-f893104075af"},"historyMetadata":{},"properties":[]}

It used to work, but now I'm getting errors in the Audit log: 

Error editing issues
IT-20740 (Invalid customer request value (customfield_10000))

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 24, 2017

Hi Samantha,

I am not sure if you are using our cloud or server offering, but just to let you know we have just released support in server for setting request type via the simple field picker.

In cloud unforuntately we are still restricted by the APIs and can not offer this functionality.

Cheers,

Scott

Sam Benacquista August 29, 2017

Thank you, Scott! We have server so this worked perfectly.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 2, 2017

Hi Samantha,

We have written the process up at: How can I update the JIRA Service Desk request type for an issue

It's not straight forward but hopefully our docs can guide you throug it.

Cheers,

Nick

Fernando Boucquez (PPL) May 16, 2018

Hi Nick, does this automation for Jira action (setting cusomter request type field) works for Jira Cloud?

Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 16, 2018

Hi Fernando,

Sorry but Jira still doesn't offer the required APIs to do this, as such we are still hamstrung and can't do this.

Cheers,

Nick

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events