Indexing draw.io globally breaks pages with multiple diagrams

Stuart Purgavie April 23, 2018

Hello,

After upgrading draw.io to the latest version, I noticed this option in the administrative side of Confluence:

2018-04-23_11_22_30-Gliffy - draw.io Conversion - Confluence.png

This gives me this page:

2018-04-23_11_22_09-Gliffy - draw.io Conversion - Confluence.png

When the indexing process encounters more than one diagram on the same Confluence page, the process seems to replace links to one diagram with another diagram on the same page. As a result, every diagram on the page become copies of each other.

As a workaround, I've been able to recover the old diagrams from the draw.io tab of the Attachments page for a given document, then re-insert it by searching for that attachment name.

However, this creates a duplicate object of the same content. I don't see a way to re-point an existing draw.io macro to a different xml attachment, so deleting and re-creating is the only way I've found so far to get the content back.

I'm hoping the draw.io staff can confirm this is a bug, and if so, what their recommended steps are for resolution. I've already performed the above workaround on a couple pages that were urgently needed, but I want to ensure that no pages were missed during the global re-index process.

3 answers

1 vote
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 15, 2018

To follow up, we repeated and fixed the issue at the start of May.

Stuart Purgavie May 15, 2018

Thanks David for having your team look at this! The prompt attention to the issue was much appreciated.

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2018

Hi Stuart,

We need some information from you that you probably can't publish here, could I ask you to email support@draw.io please?

Thanks,

David

0 votes
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 29, 2018

Hi Stuart,

Sorry for the delay in answering, we don't get notifications (support@draw.io email is always best).

We'll investigate this first thing tomorrow (this is the first report I've seen) and add status to https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-questions/Indexing-draw-io-globally-breaks-pages-with-multiple-diagrams/qaq-p/780896.

Thanks,

David

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events