Proforma Form Lite : How to create nested condition logic ?

Tian Hong Tok September 15, 2021

We would like to have a conditonal logic base on 2 drop down questions.

So we Installed Proforma Form Lite.

I've ran thru this documentation but i just couldn't get to the 2nd part on nested conditional logic which i need to understand. the tutorial wasn't really clear how to get there.

2 conditions were created after one an other but it does not seems to be correct

logic.JPG

in the above screenshot, i want the next question to appear only after check Entity=A and Check Services=C then it will show the next question.

However, in my scenario, the next question will appear after the check services=C was selected, totally ignore whats in "Check Entity"

Why is this so? Please assist.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 19, 2021

Hi @Tian Hong Tok ðŸ‘‹

Here's a video of how you could create that kind of logic: https://share.getcloudapp.com/E0ujOpQO

As noted in the video, you might be looking for something more complex than what I've shown. If that's the case, reply here and I'll see if we can help.

Tian Hong Tok September 22, 2021

Hi Peter,

I am looking for the more complicated nested logic.

e.g 

Check Entity 

1. A

2. B

3. Z

Check Services

1. C

2. D

3. E

Conditional logic starts here

If A+C

question on select your Database

- the options here only consist of database listing belonging to Entity A

If B+C

question on on select your Database

- The options ere only consist of database listing belonging to Entity B

If Z+C

question on select your Database

- the options here only consist of database listing belonging to Entity A

Now, lets just talk about A+C scenario first, created 2 condition 1 after another and it does not behalf like it. This is the link to the video recorded on this trial n error 

https://youtu.be/0bTUm0CuAlI

thanks to help further.

Like • Peter Preston likes this
Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2021

Thanks for clarifying @Tian Hong Tok - sorry to leave you hanging for a while. I was out of the office last week.

I understand what you're trying to do. You've run into a limitation of the form builder in that conditional logic is based on the answer to one question only - it's not possible to select multiple conditional criteria.

Put differently, the conditional logic supports simple IF/THEN statements. It's not currently possible to use AND/OR statements. 

I wish I had better news for you. 

Tian Hong Tok September 28, 2021

Hi Peter,

That means that the PRO version of performa form also had this limitations right ?

Peter Preston
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 29, 2021

@Tian Hong Tok - yes, that's correct. 

Tian Hong Tok September 29, 2021

Thank you for looking into this.

Have a good day.

Regards,

Tok Tian Hong.

Like • Peter Preston likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN