Jira - XRay: Looking for best practice way on displaying Tests for cross-functional testers

aokeeffe@guidewire.com August 18, 2021

Hi Team,

We use Jira Cloud, and to manage tests we also have a built-in Xray. Currently when I manage cross-functional tests, the only way I can think of, to best structure the tests in the system is by a) creating a Dashboard b) placing a component for Test Executions (each team has its own execution)

1.PNG

However above structure creates a lot of clicks of testers to actually navigate to their test, and provide results. Not only it requires a number of clicks, it also doesn't remember Assignee's filter so when they go back to the page, they have to re-add their name in the Assignee filter.

2.PNG

Note - the 'Assign to Me' component doesn't work either as it includes ALL assignee's projects, instead of that single project I need. Also this component doesn't include the actual Test Result from XRay.

In ideal world, we've love to have 2 components:

1) One for cross-functional teams so that they all see team team members work and its workflow/progress (I guess here the Test Execution we have works)

2) Second one for a single user basis, easy access to view only their tests and add results.

Can anyone please recommend any better way to manage cross-functional & single user tests? 

Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sergio Freire - Xblend
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 1, 2021

Hi aokeeffe@guidewire.com ,

I think we addressed this on another question, correct? 

Thanks

Sergio

aokeeffe@guidewire.com September 2, 2021

Indeed @Sergio Freire - Xblend THANK YOU!!

Like Sergio Freire - Xblend likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events