JIRA incoming email uses wrong User to comment to jira ticket

Kelli Frattini-Adams November 30, 2020

I have a couple of automations set up for High/Critical tickets as well as Incoming Mail to Comment to ticket.

When the automation kicks off it sends an email to lead developers, managers that a new critical/high priority has been submitted for review. This works fine. The email is added to the ticket as well because I have Incoming Mail setup. This is also fine, however the email is being added by User who isn't even part of the ticket (Thulasi Kahlasti) as shown in screen shot. It should just be added by the JIRA automation and not this user. 

Every time this email is triggered it is added as a comment by Thulasi and I want to have it added by JIRA automation.  When others reply to email and a comment is added, it is added correctly. It is only this one automation that is triggered and added back to email that I am having issues with.

Please help.JIRA-wrong reporter.png

1 answer

0 votes
nmenere
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2020

Hi @Kelli Frattini-Adams ,

Can you confirm the actor for the rule is the Automation user and not Thulasi?

The fact that it is the same user every time suggests that you configured the Actor to be this user.

Cheers,
Nick

Kelli Frattini-Adams December 8, 2020

Yes, it is an email address I had created just for JIRA/Confluence. See screenshot.

Project-automation-JIRA.png

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events