Insight Objects connected Jira issues

Martyn Bell July 9, 2020

Hi All,

is there a way to have the connected Jira issues show all rather then Unresolved?

Failing that is there a way to see all linked asset tickets within this screen ?

insight issue.JPG

4 answers

1 vote
Martyn March 10, 2022

This still isn't available please vote here to get this developed

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9880

It is currently sat at gathering interest so please vote and comment on the issue to generate interest

1 vote
Matthew Day January 28, 2021

My experience (cloud version) is that it only shows open Jira tickets, not historic ones (statuscategory = Done). 

Martyn Bell January 28, 2021

I cant even get it to show open ones, 

I have the assest linked in two different service desks too

😣

Matthew Day March 12, 2021

Hi Martyn Bell,

Response for Cloud Version

RE: 'I cant even get it to show open ones'
-> I'm not sure what you mean. Your screen shot shows the linked Jira issue. If you mean that Linked Assets isn't showing in your JSM Fields, that may be owing to the fact that you need to adjust the screens to show that field in project settings. 

If you're still having issues for cloud, please elaborate. 

Attached are 2 screen shots showing a ticket with multiple linked assets and one showing the asset detail if you click into it. 

Screenshot 2021-03-12 at 10.52.46.pngScreenshot 2021-03-12 at 09.17.08.png

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

OK, now it works, it shows issues with empty Resolution

Overall integration of Insight in Jira works very slowly. Most of the time I cannot find the object because of timeout. I have about 600 objects for this Object Type.

Martyn April 15, 2021

Hopefully this will be fixed when we migrate over to the new insight.

Just waiting for more documentation, migration tools ....

Sergei Gridnevskii
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 15, 2021

You are right. Sometimes Insight just says Error without explaining what the error is. Especially when importing CSV - it is like a field of mines - just a step to the left or right and it blows up.

Also some parts are still not working. E.g. when you export objects with attributes with multiple values it separates them with |. When you import the same file back - it does not import attributes because it needs ||. Even if you set separator to | in settings - it does not work.

0 votes
Erik Vanderstraeten October 1, 2021

What a pity that this is not available!  It's very useful information when investigating things related to an asset.

PS: You can get the data you need, if you search the other way around.

In Jira, search for requests that have linked asset = xxx
2021-10-01 13_37_42-Clipboard.png
0 votes
Gary Smith July 29, 2020

Did you find a solution? I have same issue but all i found was this link that says you can change the filter but not how.

Martyn Bell July 30, 2020

I think this isnt available with the cloud version.

Hopefully it's something they will add in as been able to see a complete history of your asset is great insight.

Like Gary Smith likes this
Gary Smith August 4, 2020

Their support just confirmed this.

Like Martyn Bell likes this
Grzegorz September 24, 2020

On prem in version 8.6.6 it looks like this, You can use filters and it works fine.

2020-09-24 11_33_35-Insight Search - Dev Jira.png

I hope this feature will be available soon in cloud version

Like # people like this
Martyn March 10, 2022

This still isn't available please vote here to get this developed

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-9880

It is currently sat at gathering interest so please vote and comment on the issue to generate interest

Like # people like this
Gonchik Tsymzhitov December 15, 2022

Hi! 

That's not good :( 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS