Is there a way to show connected jira issues for certain Riada Insight object fields

Dimitar Dimitrov September 27, 2018

Hey guys, 

I am on a quest to build a conflict checker - basically I would like to cover the case where before someone executes a change request, they can click on a button in the change named, say 'Check Conflicts' and verify are there any other active issues for the selected objects in the change ticket.

I am using an insight custom object field which allows selection of multiple insight objects. What I want to do is - based on the selected objects, lookup all of the active jira connected issues and list them for display (in another custom field or in a screen, anyway). 

Ideally, I would like to have a new field of type 'linked issues' if that's possible and display the found active connected jira issues there.

Anyone any ideas how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 vote
Nader Nassif
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 1, 2018

Hi Dimitar,

The easiest way to do so is to load up the object itself from Insight and then you will be able to view all connected JIRA issues for that object and objectType.

Insight Object.pngThen you can click on "Connected Jira Issues" filter from the bottom right corner. You may change the filter of the issues as well. You will get a regular JQL that you may use in a nested IQL in your custom field setup.

For more examples on IQL you can check : iql-insight-query-language

Cheers!

Nader

Dimitar Dimitrov October 2, 2018

I think I am looking for something a little bit different - I want to enable the users to pick multiple objects, and upon clicking a button, I want them to receive a list of all of the connected jira issues for all of those multiple objects. I picture it something like this but capturing dynamically all of the multiple selected issues in my custom field.

Screen Shot 2018-10-02 at 11.58.32 PM.png

Kerli Loopman May 18, 2022

@Nader Nassif how/where can I change the Insight filter for Jira issues?  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events