How to reference a property in the last object in an array of objects with ConfiForms

Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

I've got a ConfiForms form with a Jira issue field. The field is of the type Jira issue. By default comments for the issue are not available using the dot notation. I figured out that I can add comments into the object by adding in "comment" into the "Limit to these fields when fetching issues" box.

image.png

As an example, I can now access the comments like such ...

issueKey.fields.comment.comments[0].body

My question is this. How do I get the most recent comment? Using comments[0] will get me the first comment, but really I want the last comment. Anybody know how to do that? Is there a virtual function that I can use for this?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 27, 2019

Ok, I think I found out how to do it. After MUCH trial and error I had to do this ...

issueKey.fields.comment.comments.asJSON.get().body
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2019

Sorry for causing you troubles with the lack of documentation on this scenario.

I am surprised about the solution :-)

I think we need to add something like index=-1 and make something like this to work

issueKey.fields.comment.comments[-1].body

or support empty index 

issueKey.fields.comment.comments[].body

What do you think, @Davin Studer ?

Like Davin Studer likes this
Davin Studer
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 27, 2019

@Alex Medved _ConfiForms_ Yeah, I think one of those would work. Maybe the first would be the best such that you could even do -2, -3, etc to get the second to last, third to last, and so forth.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events