Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get the whole history of changes for 5 projects? [Use Case]

jira history for several projects.png

Most of the teams in Jira work with a bunch of different projects. One of our Issue History users asked us: “Is it possible to monitor Jira history of changes for a few projects at once? We at SaaSJet, always try to be helpful and find solutions. And also, we’d like to share this example with Atlassian Community so that everyone with a similar issue can solve it.

🔴 Task: How to find all changes I made for the whole list of Jira projects?

We have lots of projects in Jira, and I work with several of them. I’d like to get all my changes for all projects where I work.

What do we have?

What do we need?

• One user
  • Multiple projects

History of changes for list of issues

🟢 Solution: Track all ticket’s updates with JQL filter + Issue History for Jira

Issue History for Jira is the report-building plugin where you can track all issue changes in one place. There is no direct way to get issue changes updated by a specific person for a few projects. With JQL, you can’t get past changes for the updater. But there is a backway.

Step-by-step instruction

1. Open an Advanced issue search and create JQL filter:Advanced issue search jira.png
  2.  Select all projects where you want to find changes:
    project in ("Fin Requests","Marketing","Design","SLA Line") JQL projects.png
  3.  Save this JQL request as a filter: Projects filter in jira.png
  4.  Apply filter for Issue History for Jira with Updated by option. Choose the user for who you want to see changes. Jira history changes for few projets.png

Done, we’ve got the result!

🎯 4 steps – and you’ve got all issue changes made by a specific person for multiple projects.

Issue history for several Jira projects.png

*If you are not Issue History for Jira user, you need to install the add-on first. 

There is a 30-day free trial, so you can check how it works for you.

Also, you can try the online demo version, where you can see how the add-on works with our data.

Let us know if you have any questions or some unique cases to solve. 

0 comments

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events