How do I set the Epic as Done only when all Stories are Done with Automation for JIRA?

Jamie Scott January 7, 2022

Hi and Happy New Year

Seeking some help with an automation script.

• My EPICS contain 1 or more Issues/Stories
  • I want the EPIC status to change to DONE only once all Stories/Issues have change to a set status (Release Live or Complete)

Currently the EPIC status is changing when 1 of many stories are changing to a set status

Here is what I have setup.

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 16.23.55.jpg

Does anyone have an example I can copy?

4 answers

0 votes
Jamie Scott January 7, 2022

Hi Vishwas

Thanks for sending your suggestion. I tried that but get this error

Screenshot 2022-01-07 at 16.48.09.jpg

Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hey @Jamie Scott 

I just did a test run for the rule on my instance. it ran fine

Epic_close_Log.png

Form the error we can see that not able to move to "done' status. do we have a direct transition for epic to move form "To-Do" to "Done" ?

Regards,

Vishwas

Like Eric likes this
0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 7, 2022

Hi Jamie,

You need to add a condition under your branch to make sure all of the stories are Done.

screenshot.png

0 votes
Vishwas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 7, 2022

Hey @Jamie Scott 

Yes we can do this, I just came with logic like this check if it works for you.

Epic_close_automation.png

Regards,

Vishwas

0 votes
Utkarsh Agarwal _Nagarro_
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2022

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events