Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Automation for JIRA - how to stop rule repetition for the same ticket

Hi - I have a set of sub task creation rules applied against transitions.

E.g. if ticket transitions from status 'Open' to 'In progress', 3 sub tasks get created, and so on.

In my workflow, I have a transition back to re-open as well. BUT - if I do that and push the ticket to in progress again, it triggers the rule again and duplicates the sub tasks.

Is there a way to stop evaluation of the rule or restrict it to only one execution per ticket?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
John Funk Community Leader Nov 12, 2020

Hi Himanshu,

What I would do is set another field (such as a custom field) when the issue gets transitioned into In Progress. You can do that as another action in the same rule you already have.

But add a condition before it creates the sub-tasks to check if the field has that value or not. No value, then create the Sub-tasks. If it has the value or is not empty, then do nothing. 

Like John Funk likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

🍻🍂Apptoberfest Update: Upcoming Virtual Events 🎉

Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...

354 views 3 14
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you