wrong JVM version ! But it is not ?

Mustafa Yılmaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 28, 2015

I tried to setup Jira Software 7.0.5 with Java 1.8.0_65 verison, but i received an error which is "wrong JVM version, Jira needs at least 1.8 version" for trying free. Please help me about it. I want to buy after trying.

7 answers

1 vote
ahwilliams
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 16, 2016

For me the error was the spaces in %java_home%.  I changed the %java_home% from C:\Program Files\Atlassian\JIRA\jre\ to C:\PROGRA~1\Atlassian\JIRA\jre\ 

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2015

You already have a JVM set up and the environment settings are overriding the settings that the installer is putting in the standard config files.  Try changing the setenv.bat file so that it ignores your local JVM install.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2015

You may find the information on https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/setting-properties-and-options-on-startup-120007.html useful for troubleshooting your install.

0 votes
liufeng September 5, 2018

Problems in JDK。Reset JDK is right。

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 29, 2015

Hey Mustafa,

As Nic said, the installer file should already have Java JDK. If you have manually edited the JAVA home path in setenv.bat comment it and restart JIRA and check if it resolves.

Regards

Chander Inguva

0 votes
Mustafa Yılmaz
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 28, 2015

error page.pngMy last problem is like this.

Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 28, 2015

Hi Mustafa, Can you please attach a copy of the application log file. You should find it by following the instructions here. https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/where-are-the-application-server-logs-16121981.html

mustafa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 28, 2015

I also installed my normal Windows. I can see log files in my windows. but i cannot see My Windows Server. there is nothing about log files. And please contact me from mstfylmz38@gmail.com or mustafa.yilmaz@nanomagnetics-inst.com addresses. Because of this site, I cannot answer before 24 hours. Thank you

0 votes
mustafa
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 28, 2015

Chander,
I am installing (.exe) for Windows. But i cannot install to my Windows server 2012 R2 eventhough I can install my normal Windows. how can i solve this problem?

Thanks for advance.

Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 28, 2015

Can you attach the screenshot of error ?

0 votes
Chander Inguva
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 28, 2015

Hey Mustafa,

If you are installing JIRA via set up file (.bin) for linux or (.exe) for Windows, you need not worry about JVM as it comes along with set up file.

But, if you are installing JIRA using standalone zip or tar.gz file, ensure that JAVA_HOME is set uyp properly to Java 1.8

Regards

Chander Inguva

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events