will greenhopper get updated to have this functionality as core?

Nate Parsons May 15, 2012

we're looking to upgrade to jira 5, and greenhopper on jira 5 still suggests using this plugin though it's not available for 5. To be honest, we REALLY need this type of functionality to connect and manage things in an agile way easily. RallyDev and other tools provide this kind of functionality seemlessly and with less hassle. We like jira & greenhopper but that hopper needs all of it's legs to compete.

10 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nate Parsons October 9, 2012

So sadly we have lost functionality yet again in an upgrade... (In fact right now it's only possible to configure default workflow transitions to columns in the work board for classic greenhopper in 6... weak.)

two steps forward, 1.5 steps back. Thanks Atlassian!

0 votes
Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 28, 2012

Just a quick update, the Links Heirarchy plugin is not supported in GreenHopper and the reference (to its installation status) has been removed from the Configuration page and the documentation for current versions.

0 votes
Deleted user June 26, 2012

Hi, I don't understand your answer. You have had universal tool that reports any link type relation. Now you are arguing that Epic->Story->Task hierarchy is the only solution. But we use links to define duplicities, sequential order and blocking dependency. It seems like users starts using your product by the way that you did not expect.

Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2012

Hey, not my project I'm not from Atlassian ;)

I'm saying the links plugin isn't from Atlassian either and although they recommend(ed) it for GH I believe it was mainly to make it easy to manage Epic->Story->Task. However, as it won't be needed when they add this to the new GH I doubt you'll see them spend much effort in updating the links heirarchy plugin.

0 votes
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 26, 2012

The links plugin was there to provide a hacky way to do multi level organisation of Epic->Story->Task.

With the new sprint functionality in GH you can expect to see full support for epics and planning very soon. They mentioned at Summit that this was going to be a big focus in the next releases of Greenhopper

0 votes
Eleveo Admin June 15, 2012

He means Hierarchy Report plugin....

GreenHopper still suggest that we must use it to see hierarchy but this plugin is not available for version 5.

I also think that this plugin must be developed for QA deps. which controls status of some version before they say "it's released" - mainly if you have a lot of dependencies through versions, subtasks... etc...

0 votes
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 15, 2012
they are referrring to te links hierarchy report plugin, which is not supported by Atlassian but is recommended by the greenhoper documentation (See general setup on https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/GH/Configuring+your+General+Project+Settings) It's a litte bit confusing, to recommend something, that does not exist and will not exist in the future.
0 votes
Eleveo Admin June 15, 2012

He means Hierarchy Report plugin....

GreenHopper still suggest that we must use it to see hierarchy but this plugin is not available for version 5.

I also think that this plugin must be developed for QA deps. which controls status of some version before they say "it's released"

0 votes
Penny Wyatt (On Leave to July 2021)
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2012

I'm sorry, I don't understand the question. Which functionality are you referring to? Or do you mean GreenHopper becoming part of JIRA core?

0 votes
Eleveo Admin May 16, 2012

We need this functionality too. We can't upgrade to v5 because just this one plugin has not any alternative.

Is too hard for atlassian to just recompile plugin as is for version 5???

0 votes
Eleveo Admin May 16, 2012

We need this functionality too. We can't upgrade to v5 because just this one plugin has not any alternative.

Is too hard for atlassian to just recompile plugin as is for version 5???

Suggest an answer