using system screen in workflow

yarin_benyakov February 17, 2021

while editing a workflow

I want to show to the user the "Link" screen, when making a transition 
but since this is a "system" screen\field i cant select it. any chance anyone has some sort of solution for that?2 files

image.pngimage.png

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 18, 2021

Hi @yarin_benyakov

from what I understood by a Suggestion on the very same request a different user had putting the link field to a transition screen is not fully working for linking remote issue (issues from a different Jira instance)
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-69615

However, this specifically aims at the circumstance that selecting the remote server is not available.

Are your issues you want to link on the same instance?

I was able to put the issue links on a transition screen. Also I can confirm the link was established without problems - as long as the linked issue is on the same instance.

grafik.png

Regards,
Daniel

yarin_benyakov February 20, 2021

what do you mean by "instance"? same project? same session?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2021

"instance" is usually used to describe separate services running independently of each other.  An example would be the Jira that is running on a server in my house - one instance, then the DC install I'm working on for a client - another set of machines, a different url and nothing to do with the one in my house, that's another instance.

Like Fadoua likes this
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2021

Nic explained it very well.
For your example the question was just if you are intending to link to an issue on the same server, f.e. jira.example.com/browse/DEMO-234 to jira.example.com/browse/TEST-432
- or -
to an issue on jira.someotherexamplecompany.org/browse/EVAL-789

The last example mentioned won't work, this is because of the Suggestion still open.

Linking an issue, though - this is possible like described in the screenshot.

This means: if you can continue with your requirement will depend on what you are intending to link actually.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 17, 2021

@yarin_benyakov 

Can you please share the "link" screen? Also the picture you tried to share didn't work

My only suggestion will be to create a similar screen then try to add it to your transition.

Best,

Fadoua

yarin_benyakov February 17, 2021

Screenshot_1.png

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 18, 2021

@yarin_benyakov  not sure though why you want to use the screen above.

As I mentioned before you can create a similar screen if you really need the same fields.

Any field in particular behind wanting to use the screen above?

Best,

Fadoua

yarin_benyakov February 20, 2021

when working on a bug issue type, sometimes during test that the developer makes on the issue he realizes that the there was a previously open issue regarding the same bug. so in the workflow we have a transition for that specific event

Fadoua
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 21, 2021

@yarin_benyakov  Unfortunately even though you add a transition screen to the workflow there is no way you can add the field to the screen as it is a system field.

My only recommendation will be JQL queries so that developers can see that there is an open issue similar to the one he/she is working on.

Best,

Fadoua

Suggest an answer