@ user not working

Andrew Gordon January 28, 2020

I am the account admin with the highest level of permissions. The @ user function does not work like it does on Jira cloud. No one else in my org has the issue. 

When I hit @ [name] nothing happens... Is this a permissons issue or an issue with my computer or browser settings?

2 answers

1 vote
Yogesh Mude
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 28, 2020

HI @Andrew Gordon 

Welcome to the community!

To use this functionality you need to have to browse user global permission so check whether you have the rights or not.

To check this you must have Jira admin or site admin rights.

0 votes
Ganesh Babu
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 28, 2020

Hi @Andrew Gordon 

Welcome to the Atlassian Community..!!!

You need to be the Jira Admin to check the Global Permissions.

Can you please check the global permissions, as you are saying that you are the account admin. May be you have not been in Browse User Global Permission. If you are not provided with that permission ensure that you provide the permission either by adding yourself to the group which would have present already. Most of the time Global permissions are given based on the Groups. Are you not in the users group? The steps that you need to follow is:

you have to go to:

-> Setting -> Jira Settings -> Global Permissions

next, go to the bottom of the page, on Add Permission, and choose:
-> Browse users and Groups, on the first drop down.
-> "The group name" you want to give this permission. Make sure the users you want to give permission is on that group

Suggest an answer