use bitbucketserver accounts to access Jiraserver

schuurdeur July 5, 2017

After searching on google and of course this website I wa unable to find the proper solution  for my "problem".

For a small team we use the bitbucket server with great aperiance and we wanted to add the Jira issue / discussion board to our team.

Affer the installation was done and the configuration was also finsied and linked with Bitbucket I found out that I have to manage both servers in regard of users..

I`m able to use the JIRA system als a directory for the users but I was unable to find a way to move the bitbucket users too JIRA.

What is the proper way to use the bitbucket users to access JIRA? I trie Oauth but that is not working at all (even with the documentation on the confluence pages).

Can somone please point me in the right directon? I don`t  want to ask all my users to re-create there account :)

Mny thanks in advance!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ana Retamal
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 5, 2017

Hi Vincent, you can not use your Bitbucket Server account for JIRA Server, but you can do it the other way around. You can have a look at the article Connecting Bitbucket Server to JIRA for user management

Hope this helps!

Ana

schuurdeur July 5, 2017

Hi Ana,

This is ofcourse no problem but is there a way to sync all usernames and password from bitbucket to Jira of do I need too re-create them?

Vincent

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events