use Jira workflow for BUG Issues + benefit simplified workflow for AGILE Issues

MILLE-REY June 6, 2016

Hi !

We'd like to benefit the "state changing pop-up window" (when all sub-tasks are transitioned to DONE) ;

but we also need a JIRA workflow for BUG issues, with 10 states, with specified transitions, ...

Is it possible to use a specific Jira workflow for BUGS  + a simplified workflow for AGILE Issues for the same project ?

If yes,  How could I configure "all this" ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 6, 2016

No, but yes.

You can't have a simplified workflow and a non-simplified one in use in the same project.  If a project is using simplified workflows, that's it - it has one workflow and that's controlled by the board.

With a non-simplified workflow, you apply a workflow scheme that says something like "use workflow 1 for issue type A, use workflow 2 for issuetype B, and the other types all use C".

The "yes" comes in because you can take a simplified workflow and use that for A, B or C.  It won't be simplified in the sense the users can change it, but a simplified workflow is still "just" a workflow.

0 votes
MILLE-REY June 8, 2016

OK I've got it : I achieved what I was looking for, using

- my specific workflow for BUG Issues

- same workflow but simplified for all other Issues

Thanks for your help !

0 votes
MILLE-REY June 6, 2016

Thanks for these points, Nic,
I've tried that already (using a "simple" for Agile Issues and our own defined for Bug Issues)

but my particular wish was to benefit the "state changing pop-up window" (when all sub-tasks are transitioned to DONE) as described at the end of https://confluence.atlassian.com/agile/jira-agile-user-s-guide/working-with-issues/transitioning-an-issue

this seems to disappear as soon as I add a JIRA workflow (as well as my "simplified" workflow  remains unchanged, but the board configuration displays "simplified workflow unavailable"...)

did I miss something ? is there a way to benefit from both "native JIRA" and "JIRA Agile" worflows ?

thanks again for your help,

regards,

Françoise.

Suggest an answer