unset assignee in create transition (of cloned issue)

Use Case:

Cloned issues have cloned the assignee, but they should come up as not assigned.

Solution approach:

I want to unset the assignee in the create transition, because there is no special clone step or event.

For this, I created a post-function in the create transition. It is the update issue field post-function and selected "assignee" as field and "not assigned" as value.

Problem:

I positioned it after any existing post-function. No matter where, it does not work.

What am I doing wrong? Do you have another solution approach? Jira-Version is: 4.4!

Thank you!

7 answers

1 accepted

Now I have a new use case with same requirement, so I tried again... :)
And I found a solution:

Last time I used "Update Issue Field", which is a post function of a plugin.

Now I used "Clear Field Value" post function, which works!

(Shame on me...)

I have a same requirement to unset assignee when you clone but i don't see "Clear Field Value" in post function. Can you please help?

error.JPG

I think that this link can help you to autorize unassigned issue.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/How+do+I+assign+issues+to+multiple+users

Good Luck

Just a check - did you remember to publish the workflow before trying it out?

I found this answer: https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/29053/clearing-fields-on-cloned-issues-during-cloning-action

This tells exactly that this way (post-function in create transition) should work. Maybe I will have look at the logs... -> nothing in here...

@zezeto

Thank you for this suggestion, our jira instance was already configured to allow unassigned issues. This is even the default case for this specific project.

@Natalie Hobson

Hehe, yes I did that! :)

Any other suggestions?

hey steve.

right now i only got one idea

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/org.swift.jira.clone-plus

but i will try to find a free solution...

agree. i will try to dig more into this..

Thank you for that. For this single use case these costs are way to expensive, though.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

2,950 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot