uninstall jira,but can still see JIRA ico on windows "start" menu and "Atlassian JIRA" in service list

fabby February 16, 2012

i have uninstall jira ,but i can still find the JIRA ico on windows "start" menu,and "Atlassian JIRA"is found in window " services list"

the "Atlassian JIRA " service is in "stop" state .and of course ,the sevice can not be started.

i am wonder why i can still see the "Atlassian JIRA" in windows service list after i have uninstalled the jira?

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2012

Check Task Manager, see if you have a java process. If its a server, without anything else supposed to be there, you shouldn't find one. if it is, the install failed.

For old school removal, stop the service manually, delete the install folder, if you feel like being complete, delete the service too: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/197876/how-do-i-uninstall-a-windows-service-if-the-files-does-not-exist-anymore

As for desktop menus, start>explore> locate and delete any offending menu items.

fabby February 20, 2012

i try to delete the jira service use sc delete,but go "this service does not exists."

now i give up ,just let the "service item" be there

Suggest an answer