todolist: can I clear (untick) the checklist content while cloning issue?

Hi,

I found this plugin as a great one.. and for free. Thanks!

One little thing bothers me. I wish to clear (untick) the whole default content of the checklist when I clone issue. E.g. first issue has 3 out of 5 todo positions ticked, then I clone that issue and expect that the new issue will have the very same 5 todo positions, but all of them unticked.

Is that possible?

Now, I have the effect (which is quite logical) that all fields are copied one-to-one and therefore (still) 3 out of 5 todo positions ticked.

I tried to add a post function (called "Update Issue Custom Field") in workflow editor. I added it to transition "Create", but I don't know the correct query I should apply (in screen called "Add Parameters to Function"), so the plugin will understand it. For now, I have the effect that after Clone, new issue have empty ToDo list i.e. all 5 todo positions are lost.

Do you get my point or should I give more details or explanations?

Best regards,

Tomek

5 answers

Hi was this ever implemented as this is exactly what I am looking to do, could it be scripted in some way to clear the checked data but leave the list in place?

Thank you in advance,

same here. really would love to know this answer. 

Hi Tomek,

For bugs, please, create tickets here: https://bitbucket.org/amarkelov/andreymarkelov-atlas-plugins-todolist/issues

It is possible without account.

About question: do you need correct string value? BTW: my skype is andrey.markelov2 (I can help any time)

-- Andrey

Please, provide more info: how do you clone issues?

I clone issue by clicking MORE -> CLONE.

Could you clarify what is jira version?

v6.0.4

Thanks in advance.

I will look at clone.

So, you want to have post function that will be tick/untick all todo?

yes, that would be great.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,728 views 17 21
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you