structure - manual adjustment

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 5, 2020

Regarding Structure for Jira app

Is there a way to undo a 'manual adjustment' setting off an individual issue.

2 answers

0 votes
Denis Kudryashov July 4, 2023

Hello,

One workaround that seems to be working for us so far in Jira Cloud is to add Sort by Rank generator to a structure. After that we were able to manually move issues within a structure. Without Sort by Rank generator we were not able to manually move issues.

Second workaround is to create a custom number field (e.g., Structure Priority), add it to issue screens and structure columns. Then add Sort by Structure Priority generator.

You can then assign appropriate number values in the Structure Priority column within a structure (e.g., 1, 2, 3, etc.) and issues will be sorted based on that value.

Regards,

-Denis

0 votes
Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hi Francis,

We have a corresponding improvement in our backlog, but at the moment the only way to reverse manual adjustment individually is to put the issue back into its original position manually.

I can let you know when the improvement I mentioned is delivered, but cannot yet provide ETA.

Regards,
Egor Tasa

ALM Works

francis
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
May 6, 2020
  • The issue is included with an automation.
  • The position is determined with a grouping automation on status
  • Whenever the status changes (of the issue), the issue remains in the same location.
  • Removing the issue from the structure is not possible

I can understand that you are working on a feature but no ETA (we have that also alot).  Is there a workaround?

Egor Tasa [ALM Works]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2020

Hi Francis,

At the moment there are no workarounds (except removing all manual adjustments).

Sorry for the inconvenience, but I must also say that we do not recommend using Manual Adjustments on the day to day basis, because they create a lot of confusion by working against Automation rules. They are more about tweaking a report or trying a what-if scenario.

Regards,
Egor

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events