splitting jira instances, and maintaining issue links

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 7, 2013

Okay, here's a fun one:

I am going to be splitting my jira instance into 2 instances -- with different projects in each instance. I want to somehow maintain existing issue links between projects that are now in different instances.

I know you can create cross-instance issue links, but is there a way to convert pre-existing links into cross-instance links? Other than running some Jira CLI or DB query, and updating the link information into some indexable field, I can't find an obvious way to do this.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 8, 2013

There is something coming soon. Check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5843

Email Roy as mentioned in that issue, if you are interested.

Bryan Karsh
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 8, 2013

Thanks Renjith!

Daniel Borcherding
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 7, 2013

How does archiving help maintain issue linkw when federating your Jira instnaces?

0 votes
lenzai
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 17, 2013

Is there any plan to support splitting instances for JIRA OnDemand ?

I am running a project for a customer using now 7 users, He plans moving on with his dedicated instance. Can I just export the project and import in a new instance ?

Suggest an answer