splitting jira instances, and maintaining issue links

Okay, here's a fun one:

I am going to be splitting my jira instance into 2 instances -- with different projects in each instance. I want to somehow maintain existing issue links between projects that are now in different instances.

I know you can create cross-instance issue links, but is there a way to convert pre-existing links into cross-instance links? Other than running some Jira CLI or DB query, and updating the link information into some indexable field, I can't find an obvious way to do this.

Any suggestions?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

There is something coming soon. Check https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-5843

Email Roy as mentioned in that issue, if you are interested.

Thanks Renjith!

How does archiving help maintain issue linkw when federating your Jira instnaces?

Is there any plan to support splitting instances for JIRA OnDemand ?

I am running a project for a customer using now 7 users, He plans moving on with his dedicated instance. Can I just export the project and import in a new instance ?

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,301 views 12 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you