special-group-users group

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

I need to a create a special-group-users group

and to change the permission scheme around so that jira-users is not what is used to allow users access to projects. Instead, some other group (save special-group-users

Then, when a new user is created, an admin will need to add the user to 'special-group-users' and then they will be able access the particular project.

how to to this ?

2 answers

1 vote
Colin Goudie
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2011

Go to Administration->Permission Schemes and edit the permission scheme/s (Under Operations column, click permissions)

This will show a page with the permissions that JIRA uses to allow users to perform certain operations.

You will want to make sure that jira-users is not listed in any of these.

Then add your special groups to these permissions where appropriate.

This will mean that an admin will need to specifically add users to your special group to allow them to perform actions.

This is pretty well documented here - http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA043/Managing+Project+Permissions

Although like anything with JIRA, it's a bit confusing with all the 'schemes'. JIRA 4.4 will ease this pain a little.

I recommend also, in your permission schemes, assign project roles instead of your special group, and then assign your groups and users to project roles in each project instead.

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

this is realted to my previous thread ..how to deny users .

after a user create an account he will be activated by the admin ,he just only can create an account but can t browse or create issue before the admin activate his account

Samir Freelance
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 29, 2011

this is realted to my previous thread ..how to deny users .

after a user create an account he will be activated by the admin ,he just only can create an account but can t browse or create issue before the admin activate his account.

I created Pending User group

I tried to create a new user i can see that he is under jira-users and not in pending user group

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2011

The documentation covers this in a LOT of detail. Start at http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Project+Permissions</p<>>

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events