setting up a Jira test install

lance_lyons
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

Trying to setup a jira test install for performing tests before pushing out changes.

I would love for the test install to point to a database that is a backup of the production version.

We have tried to install Jira and get it configured with a new external database named (jiratest).

This db is essentially blank at this point. Everything is setup properly.

Now we tried to restore the production db on top of JiraTest and it comes back saying we are missing a number of plugins.

Any idea on what the best way of doing this is?

thanks

7 answers

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2014

Also note that you can create a developer license in your my.atlassian.com, so that you don't use the same license that your production environment is using.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 12, 2014

Also note that you can create a developer license in your my.atlassian.com, so that you don't use the same license that your production environment is using.

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2014

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2014

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2014

0 votes
Benito Picarelli
Atlassian Team
July 12, 2014

0 votes
Jon Sword
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 24, 2012

I would start by reading the following:

http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Migrating+JIRA+to+Another+Server

There are a few things you will want to modify once it is running.

• Ensure you are pointing at the TEST database
  • Ensure you have changed the Base URL in General Configuration
  • Turn off notifications so you do not confuse/annoy your users

The are probably other things to do - but this should get you started.

Jon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events