When I'm searching 

summary ~ be

I've got 

No issues were found to match your search

But I know that I have such tasks. 

I've tried 

summary ~ 'be' and summary ~ "be"

the same.

But any other two letters will lead to proper search results.

Any ideas on how can I find tasks with 'be' letters in the summary? 

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Nolddor _Sweet Bananas_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
February 24, 2020

Hi Olena,

I recommend you to read the Search syntax for text fields page to learn how search syntax for text works.

Btw, have you try the following query?

summary ~ "*be*"

Regards

Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

You can't use * as the first character in a search.

If you use "be*" it will only give you matches where there are characters after the letters be, it won't match the single word "be".  Good workaround though.

Olena Goncharenko February 24, 2020

Reserved words

To keep the search index size and search performance optimal in Jira, the following English reserved words (also known as 'stop words') are ignored from the search index and hence, Jira's text search features:

"a", "and", "are", "as", "at", "be"...

0 votes
Olena Goncharenko February 24, 2020

Thank you all! actually 

"BE" is Jira restricted word...

Reserved words

To keep the search index size and search performance optimal in Jira, the following English reserved words (also known as 'stop words') are ignored from the search index and hence, Jira's text search features:

"a", "and", "are", "as", "at", "be",
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 24, 2020

I still think it should present you with an error message rather than just ignore the word.

0 votes
Pete Singleton
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2020

Very interesting, I get exactly the same behaviour.  Looks like it could be a bug.

0 votes
Alexis Robert
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 24, 2020

Hi @Olena Goncharenko , 

you can try the following query : 

summary ~ "be*"

Let me know if this helps, 

--Alexis 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events