"logos" directory in Jira local home directory ?

Eddy Fras May 3, 2018

According to Jira data center installation guide (https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver076/installing-jira-data-center-945110812.html), I have to copy the "logos" directory to the shared home directory.

I have a "log" and a "logs" directory but no "logos". 

Is this a typo in the documentation ?

Thanks

Eddy

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 3, 2018

It is not a typo.  There can exist a /logos/ folder inside the $JIRAHOME directory.   Only if you customize the Look And Feel options in the system administration menu (see instructions in Configuring the look and feel of your JIRA applications), and then upload an image via this method, will you have files inside that /logos/ folder.   By default Jira ships with this folder empty, and as a result when you look at the top left corner of every page in Jira, you just see the simple 'Jira' logo.

However if you want to customize your instance to have your own logo in place of that Jira one, that folder needs to exist in both the shared home of data center, and all the Jira node's local home directories for this to work.

Side note:  There is also a /log/ folder inside the $JIRAHOME, however this folder does not have to be shared between nodes in data center.  Each node will generate it's own set of logging for the actions that nodes takes.  So you don't want to share the /log/ folder between nodes.

0 votes
LeKisha Boswell May 3, 2018

It does appear to be a typo - the intended directory should include "logs."

Atlassian Documentation Link: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/jira-application-home-directory-861253888.html

Notice logos is not listed. 

Eddy Fras May 3, 2018

According to this doc, this is "log" and not "logs", no ?

I have both "log" and "logs" directory on my current Jira install but I only have "log" on a freshly installed Jira Service Desk ...

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 3, 2018

I beleive that it s a typo. It must be logs

Suggest an answer