"Exporter Cloud" and "Alert Integration" usernames?

Bruce Fint February 20, 2024

While typing an @ mention in a Jira ticket to a person named Alex, "Exporter Cloud" was suggested as an autocomplete option. I noticed that I hadn't typed the letter A, so backspaced and began retyping. Jira then suggested "Alert Integration" as a username for the @ mention.

I've gone back and checked that these are both suggested users, but neither turns up in a search of our Atlassian users (which includes Jira and Confluence). 

Does anyone know what these are, where they're from? They don't seem to be random suggestions - there must be some source involved that includes these 2-word suggestions, which are offered after only a few characters are typed. 

I'd like to get to the bottom of this before my users discover these 'users' or accidentally mention them, thinking they've done something else. 

If there's some functionality behind these (and other??) similar 'users' it would be good to understand what they can be used for. 

1 answer

1 vote
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 20, 2024

This is just a guess, but I bet that they are users created for/by third party apps.

Do you have apps that have some component of these user names in them? I found "Excel Exporter" and PDF Exporter apps for instance.

Apps usually gain the permissions they need in cloud by being added to the group atlassian-addons-project-access. (I think the name of that group has recently been changed to atlassian-addons-admin.) That group is not one that shows up in the places where we manage group memberships, because if we change it then apps could break.

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2024

I agree with Trudy, these must user accounts provisioned for apps. They are not "human" users.

I am a developer of the "Better PDF Exporter" and "Better Excel Exporter" apps, but we do NOT generate user accounts, so the ones mentioned here are not related to our apps.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events