"Assigned To: Assigned To is required." error

Over the weekend, we were no longer able to create JIRA issues and were receiving errors such as "Assigned To: Assigned To is required." or "Due Date: Due Date is required."
Was a change made to JIRA fields for "Assignee" to be changed to "Assigned To:"?  We use several workflows and I don't want to have to manually edit them all for my team to be able to create tickets again.

If anyone else has this issue or know how to resolve it I would appreciate it. Thank you!

Here is a screengrab of the error:
2017-09-18_0905.png

1 answer

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
1 vote

One of your administrators has made the "assigned to" and "due date" fields mandatory in that project, either with field configurations or with validators in your workflow.

You'll need to undo that change, or probably limit it to the project(s) where they intended to do it.

This is exactly what the issue was. A less-experienced team member changed a global setting in JIRA while trying to customize a project workflow.
Thank you for the reply! This issue can be closed.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Oct 16, 2018 in Jira

Looking for anyone who made the switch to Data Center

The Jira Marketing team is putting together an ebook on migrating to Data Center. We're looking for pro tips on how you staffed your project team and organized your Proof of Concept. Share yo...

70 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you