query for links to external tools / repositories

Vasile Selegean
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

Hello, community!

Issues in my project are linked to various external tools (requirements, etc. Think as something similar to linking a Jira issue to a git commit).

How can I query for issues that meet some criteria for this type of links?.. E.g. counting the links, having 0 or exact 5, maybe get the list of linked items? See attached screenshot.

image.png

Scriptrunner "hasLinks()" does not recognize these links, only the 'standard' ones, between 2 issues: is child, epic link, blocks, is blocked an so on. "related test case" is another type of links similar to "tracks requirement" above:

image.png

Thank you in advance!

Vasile S.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2022

Hi @Vasile Selegean 

Have you tried hasRemoteLinks()?

issueFunction in hasRemoteLinks()

You will still not be able to do calculations in JQL but because you have ScriptRunner you can always write your own script to fetch the issues based on number of remote links.

I hope it helps.

Ravi 

Vasile Selegean
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 14, 2022

Hello @Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_ !

Obviously.. I haven't... Somehow I missed the *Remote functions..

Thanks for the tip, that's what I need!

Here's the query:

project = QWERTY and issuetype = Story and issueFunction in linkedIssuesOfRemote("relationship","tracks requirement") 

Thank you!

V.

Suggest an answer