problems with automation not triggering

Jon November 14, 2018

I have a automation on a schedule run and the jql finds one issue and if I click run rule it does not run. what could the possible reasons be for this? its supposed to transition the status of the issue but even in the audit log it doesn't show anything running. 

1 answer

1 vote
Tarun Sapra
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2018

Hello @Jon

Does it show anything inthe log files when you run click i.e. the "atlassian-jira.log" file.

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Exactly this. Audit log purpose is not to tell you the logs for what has happenned in your instance, but who did what changes.

Jon November 14, 2018

im not sure what the jira log file is or where to find it.  this is what I have. does it look accurate? I usually would look at the audit log when I ran the automation and it would say something like ran with no issue, or success, or failure. Capture4.PNG

Cristian Rosas [Tecnofor]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2018

Ok, that's not Jira "Audit log" but from an add-on. I suspected you were using one because Jira has not an out of the box feature which has the button "Run rule".

I think you need to investigate more. Check conditions which can be blocking the transition, check if the issue appears in a filter with the same criteria, look if you are using an appropriate workflow... Everything that has relation with Jira administration.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events