problem connecting jira to mysql

Moustafa Younes July 23, 2015

Hi,

I'm trying to configure JIRA to use mysql.

I downloaded mysql connect driver (platform indpendent) from here http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j

And then uncompressed it.Then I opened .config.sh and configured it with my mysql db credentials.

After I click test connect. I get the following error :

Attempting to connect to 46.228.193.249:3306/customco_jira
*** Connection failed: Driver for the database MySQL not found. Ensure it is ins

Where is the problem?

Note :  I'm installing it on a centos server using SSH.

4 answers

2 votes
Pedro Souza
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2015

Make sure to move the driver to the folder <JIRA installation directory>/lib/ then restart the application.

Cheers,

Pedro Souza.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2015

You need to be very precise about what you do in the download/install steps.  You've said

> I downloaded mysql connect driver ... And then uncompressed it

Ok, but what about the other steps - did you find the driver file at the root of the uncompressed directory and copy/move it into the right place in the JIRA installation?

0 votes
Moustafa Younes July 23, 2015

Thank you all, SOLVED.

The problem was that, after uncompromising mysql driver, the result is folder, I copied this folder to the /LIB  directory, The solution is that I copied the jar file from the uncompressed file to the LIB directory

Thank you all again.

Regards,

0 votes
Sateesh Chandra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2015

You will need copy the mysql connector jar file to the lib directory in JIRA installation folder.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events