old issues are not showing, but available on search

Dhowheeth Mohammed
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 21, 2014

Hi,

I cant able to see my old issues in jira dashboard, but i can see them available on search, it all happenned after when i deleted the issues file as it asked me to delete when the jira was locked

Could some one help me on this

Thanks in advance

Mohammed

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 21, 2014

I'm sorry, I can't understand most of this.

I understand the main problem: You have issues that do not appear on the dashboard but do appear when you search for them.

There's not enough information here though. What part of the dashboard? Most of the stuff on the dashboard runs from filters, so the most likely explanation is that the filter on the dashboard is different from the filter you're running in your search. But without knowing what you're looking at on the dashboard, we can't really help you.

The rest of your question makes no sense. "Deleted the issues file" is nonsense - Jira does not store issues in files, so I have no idea what you think you're deleting. JIra doesn't ask you to delete issues. And you can't do anything with issues while Jira is locked.

My best guess is that you mean you tried to start Jira while it was already running or had been badly shut-down - this leaves a lock file in place, which you then have to delete to get it running again, after you have made 100% sure it is definitely not running. (If you did not check this and you've managed to start a second copy of Jira, you probably want to start checking for your backup tapes). If you have done a hard shutdown of Jira, then it's possible that you've damaged your index, which might explain the dashboard discrepancy in some cases. But I'm really not sure that's what you've actually done.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events