notifications with attachments

carlitos.melgar@izote.net May 1, 2012

Hi,

I'm ready to deploy my Jira site but I've encountered last minute issues. They are 2 that are related:

1) when I attach an file to an issue, I want to notify the reporter. However, only the assigned person gets an email. I am using the default notification scheme. Except that these are empty:

Work Logged On Issue (System)

Work Started On Issue (System)

Work Stopped On Issue (System)

Issue Worklog Updated (System)

Issue Worklog Deleted (System)

One problem that I'm thinking is that these reporters don't have the 'jira-users' group. Could this be the problem?

2) related to the above, the notified reporter gets an email that gives them the name of the attachment. However, I'm wondering if it's possible to email the attachment with the notification. Otherwise, my employees need to log into Jira to view the attachment. When we are on the road it's better to get the email plus the file so that we can work on it.

Please advice. Thanks,

Carlos

1 answer

0 votes
Eva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Few things to be clear up:

1) if reporter arent on jira-users, then the reporter couldnt even login and thus will be unable to create ticket, no?

2) Default notification is that any changes - no matter if it's create/edit/attachments...etc, it will email to the assignee. that's the bread&butter of jira notification

Ok, now regarding your #1, it's do-able by using Script Runner plugin, and use the built-in script for custom Email. But this doesnt attached the file for you. And I am not sure if you can accomplished #2 in JIRA as the attachements are stored in OS and not via database, you cannot "pull" the attachment (to my knowlege) as you can with other ticket information.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 1, 2012

Not sure if I misunderstood something, but the send custom email script in the script runner plugin *can* include the attachments. Either all attachments, or just those added during this event (or none).

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events