mixed issue are showing when I search for created issue

Suman Kumar September 25, 2019
  1. In current user when I search for closed issue closed issues are showing. but when I am searching for created issue it supposed to display only created issues but some of closed  ones are also showing along with it. 

my query is - 

project -EFM AND issuetype = incident AND status = Created ORDER BY created DESC

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

so you are saying that some issues returned by that filter have a Status other than "Created"? That seems very odd unless of course you have a secondary custom Status field which would be bad. 

Suman Kumar September 25, 2019

Hii Jack Yes Closed issue are also showing in Created filter. 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 25, 2019

when you say 'closed' do they also have a resolution value or are they just in the closed column on a board? 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 25, 2019

further on what Joe is getting at here. If you have an actual Status that is named "Closed" and it is showing in your above filter results, something is very strange indeed. However, if by "closed" you are referring to an issue you believe to be closed by some means (resolution value, column on kanban, etc) but the actual Status value = "Created" then things are working as designed. 

if you are still seeing issues here please post images of your filter and filter results.

Suman Kumar September 26, 2019

Joe , yes in both Created and Closed they also have resolution , but no mater what resolution I give In Created filter some Closed ones are still showing.

Jack, there are two status value one is created and another is Closed.  see these two pics in created and unresolved filter its showing closed issues

2019-09-26 (2)-min.jpg2019-09-26 (3)-min.jpg

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2019

There is no resolution value of unresolved unless you have created one. JIRA shows unresolved when the field is NULL in the database. Try changing the search to look for NULL or empty. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
September 26, 2019

Agree with joe on the resolution part. I would also suggest you try a simple experiment.

run these two filters and compare them for Any overlap as there should be none.

project = efm and issuetype = incident and status = created

project = efm and issuetype = incident and status = closed

if you any overlap I would be interested in seeing this.

Suggest an answer