jira stops after logout

a a
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 23, 2012

Hello

I have jira 4 running on ubuntu, everything works.I have script whitch starts jira on system boot.BUT I have small problem after I logout(no restart no shutdown) jira stops or crash(dont know exactly since logs are empty) soo if I wanna use it I must be logged on.In this case I have question is normal that jira dont workafter logout?If not where could be a problem ?

Thanks for replay or any help

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 23, 2012

I suspect you've set Jira to run in background and it's spawning off your login, not the system startup. You can use nohup to prevent this, but it would be best to make sure Jira runs as a dedicated user and is up and running before you even log in (create a new temporary user accout to check Jira is running so you don't login as yourself)

0 votes
Mizan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2012

That is a very strange behaviour .Are you sure the logs are empty ?? Even if it has very little info you can attach your log file with the question .It will help in understanding what actually happens within Jira when you logout.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events