jira.projectkey.pattern changed and now unable to delete issues and projects

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

I know that the jira.projectkey.pattern (admin/general configuration/advanced settings) is and "advanced" option, nevertheless I played with it as I would like my project keys to follow this rule: Pyy.nnn, where yy is the current year and nnn is an incremental number.

Playing around I finally set the regular expression pattern to ([A-Z0-9]+\*?[A-Z0-9]+) where the * would have to replace the dot (.) in my key.

This worked and I created a project and an issue in that project. project: P55*123 and issue: P55*123-1

The issue arises when I want to delete the issue and/or the project, since the system gives me the following error message:

Exception removing project: Error removing issues: com.atlassian.jira.exception.RemoveException: Attachment path 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\P55*1235\P55*1235-1' is not a directory

I'm using a Windows install of JIRA and this error makes perfectly sense since the * character is a wildcard character...

Nevertheless: I want to delete the project and issue and revert back to the original jira.projectkey.pattern.

Any suggestions?

thanks!

Jacques.

1 answer

0 votes
ChaiY February 13, 2012

Hi Jacques,

Have you tried to manually delete the 'C:\Program Files\Atlassian\Application Data\JIRA\data\attachments\P55*1235\P55*1235-1' directory first then only delete the project again?

Sincerely,

Chai Ying

Jacques
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2012

I currently have no access to the webserver's file system, but logic tells me that these folders don't exist. I can't imagine that Windows allows you to create a folder with either a ? or a * in the name.

This applies to the project as to the issue, so I'm guessing that there are no folders whatsoever, but that JIRA has a build-in script that, when deleting a project, by definition removes the folders and subfolders. Without checking if they exist first.

thanks for the suggestion though.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events