jira comments @user auto complete and auto complete in watchers

We have a set of users that dont have the ability to do @username  in the comment field and have the list of users show up.    Same thing in the manage watchers in the JIRA issue... for some users the username typing generates a list of users but for a group of users it doesnt work.

Any ideas?

2 answers

1 votes

Lance

Seems the group of people who are not able to use the @mention don't have "Browse Users" permission under the Global Permissions.

Please check the URL below and grant "Browse Users" permission to the affected users.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Managing+Global+Permissions

Hope it helps!

Cheers

L.F

That was the fix.. Thanks

That's great! Could you please accept my answer so we can mark this as answered.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,167 views 13 19
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot