jira assign fix version from parent issue

T February 25, 2013

I've got stories and subtasks. After completion of the sprint, I want to assign a "fix version" to all the stories and tasks that have been completed.

What is the best way to achieve that?

The only way I see at the moment is to bulk change all of them, but after sprint completion, the link to the issue navigator only shows the stories, not the subtasks.

Ideally I'd do it like on the Kanban board to "release" the whole lot, thus bulk assigning a "fix version" . But there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.

The option to create a listener that changes the subtasks' "fix version" to whatever the storie has asigned seems way too much overhead for this.

Any ideas?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
T February 25, 2013

There is a "parent" keyword in JQL, so I can alter the query that the report page of the board gives me to something like:

(issueKey in (XYZ-5018) OR parent in (XYZ-5018)) AND status = Closed

But this still is a nuisance - clicking a link, updating a query, going through the bulk change process to assign a fix version.

It's a solution but not an ideal one:

• Quite some work
  • error prone (what if I miss that step - how do I retrieve those issue numbers...)

I'm looking for a simpler/more reliable solution

Chris Latta
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 7, 2017

Agreed, there needs to be a simple solution for this. Preferable a setting that directs all sub-tasks and tests to live under the parent's fix version and sprint

Suggest an answer