issueFunction in commented - HOW TO : exclude a Username

Deleted user April 9, 2021

Hello,

While using issueFunction in commented in a JQL is it possible to exclude a Username (as !=). Thank you! :)

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 20, 2021

Hi @[deleted]

this should still be possible by a query like this:

issueFunction in commented("visibility internal") AND NOT issueFunction IN commented("by someuser")

Could you please check and let us know if it works for you?

Regards,
Daniel

Deleted user April 20, 2021

@Daniel Ebers Brilliant! It is EXACTLY what I was looking for. It filters the results excluding a comment by 'someuser'.

Thank you so much! :)

0 votes
Juan Manuel Ibarra
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 9, 2021

Hi Patricia, can you share a little more detail regarding the query, as a general rule for users the notation 

usercustomFieldName not in (username)

is used 

Deleted user April 10, 2021

Hi Juan!

Thank you for taking the time to reply. I really appreciate your help. :)

Well, my query is looking for Jira tickets that have internal comments : AND issueFunction in commented("visibility internal") BUT I wanted to be able to also add a way to exclude comments from the user 'Tasktop' in the internal comments results. I hope that is more clear. :)

Deleted user April 11, 2021

Basically, I am looking for a way to query the opposite of : issueFunction in commented("by jbloggs"). If I want ALL comments EXCEPT those by jbloggs how would I write the JQL? :(

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events